♡ six

"somebody has a crush on brieeeee!"

olivia was messing around with a lighter, maci was cheering and french braiding olivia's hair.

i sat up, and locked my phone. "really? who?"

maci snapped the hair tie on her wrist, and grinned smugly. "it's obviously ethan."

"yeah, sure," i bent down, and opened up the mini fridge. "who told you that?"

olivia groaned loudly. "grayson provided us with some tea."

i didn't find anything i wanted, so i closed the fridge, and made my way over to the snack basket. "did he?"

"he said that ethan hasn't been able to stop talking about you," maci applied a fresh coat of sparkly nail polish to her thumb. "we've known ethan for a while, you know? he's into you."

i took the plastic bag of pistachios from the basket, and searched for some scissors. "that's funny. usually when a guy's into me, he doesn't fuck other girls."

olivia nodded. "fair point, but ethan kind of works differently."

maci smacked olivia, which caused her to yelp.

"he works differently? what are you trying to say?" i found the scissors in the sink, and cut into the bag. 

maci blew on her nails, and made her way over to me. "so, we're having a bonfire tonight. you're coming, right?"

i cracked open a pistachio, and nodded. "of course i'm coming, are we gonna make s'mores?" 

olivia pointed at the fridge, and in the snack basket. "yep, we're in charge of bringing the s'mores ingredients. one step ahead of you."

our conversation was interrupted by a few loud knocks on the door. 

"my nails are wet," maci continued to blow on her nails, "could one of you go get it?"

olivia was busy deciding on which video game she wanted to play, so i decided to get the door. 

"who is it? are you a murderer?" i opened the door slightly, and got a glimpse of ethan's face. 

he rolled his eyes playfully, and opened the door a little wider. "we haven't talked all day, come to my room."

i looked at maci and olivia, who had dropped what they were doing, just to listen to our conversation. 

"yeah, why don't you steal her for a little? the bonfire doesn't start for a while," olivia picked up one of her game controllers, and glued her eyes to the tv. 

ethan took my hand, and smirked. "thanks, i'll bring her back in time for the bonfire."

"hopefully." i rolled my eyes, and made my way out the door. 

he reached over to close the door behind me, and stretched out his fingers, so they would intertwine with mine. "hey, are you okay? i feel like you've been avoiding me."

i tried my hardest not to look at the blue-raspberry and plum colored love bites, that were scattered all over his neck. "do you have anything to tell me?"

ethan rubbed the back of his neck, and sighed. "grayson can't ever keep his mouth shut, fuck."

i blew a few strands of hair away from my eyes, and shrugged. "i mean, i guess not."

he opened the door to his room, and motioned for me to come in.

i really wasn't sure if i wanted to go in, or not. seeing his neck made me feel really bad, for some reason. i lingered outside of his room, and crossed my arms.

"breanna." his voice was sharp, and his jaw was clenched. "get in here."

i was ashamed to admit how much that turned me on. 

thankfully, i had a little bit of willpower left, which helped me set my eyes back on the prize. 

"alright, christian grey. no need to get so serious," i made my way into his room, and watched as he followed suit. 

i couldn't stop looking over at his bed, which looked less sloppy than usual.

ethan came up from behind me, and wrapped his arms around my waist. "what's on your mind?"

"panties," i blurted out. as soon as the word left my mouth, i turned bright red.

ethan turned me around, so i could face him. "i'm sorry, what?"

i sighed. "i'm looking at the bed, to see if one of your girls left any evidence behind. like, for example, panties."

for some reason, ethan looked genuinely hurt. "why are you acting like this?" 

"like what?" i had to shift my weight from leg to leg, to keep myself from shaking like a little leaf.

without any warning, he lifted me up and threw me over his shoulder. "like a brat."

 "like a brat? how am i supposed to feel when you claim to like me, then show up at my door with a bunch of hickies all over your neck?" i could feel my blood boiling. "fucking put me down, ethan. i'm not kidding."

ethan sighed, and placed me on his bed, then crouched down in front of me. "i'm really sorry, brie. i don't know how to deal with having real feelings, not just... lust based feelings."

i was extremely irritated at this point. "i'm not doing this today, ethan. let's revisit this topic after your love bites fade."

he furrowed his brows. "but they're really dark, it could take a week for them to fade."

"then, so be it." i gave him a bitter smile, before opening the door. "see you at the bonfire."

a/n: hi babies!! i'm so glad to be back.