♡ three

"what's that?"

ethan pointed at the ring on my finger. "is that a purity ring?"

i shushed him, and rested my chin in the palm of my hand.

it wasn't that the class was boring. i liked u.s. history, i just didn't like mondays.

the end of the school day was approaching, and we were all antsy.

he wouldn't stop looking at the ring, i could feel his eyes burning a hole into my finger.

"yeah, it's a purity ring. why?" i tugged on the sleeves of my sweatshirt, so they covered my hands.

ethan gave me a sneaky smile, before turning his attention back to our teacher. "my brother used to have one of those. he took it off almost as soon as he got here, though."

i rolled my eyes, and flipped through my notes. "don't get any ideas."

mr. johnson turned back around, and smiled cheerily. "class is almost over, so i'm going to ask julia to pass out the rubrics for your projects."

the girl that i assumed was julia, immediately came over to the desk that ethan and i were sharing.

she handed me a rubric, then threw one at ethan. "you never called me back, you asshole."

all of the sudden, i started paying attention.

no, i wasn't paying attention to what mr. johnson had to say, i was wrapped up in this dramatic one night stand gone wrong.

ethan gulped, and picked his rubric up. "um, could we talk later?"

she handed the stack of rubrics to the kid that was sitting behind her. "um, no we can't. i thought that we were supposed to be –"

mr. johnson cleared his throat. "i really do want to know what's going on over there, but i don't have time for that."

ethan seemed relieved.

"i'm not done with you, ethan grant." she stormed back to her seat, and slumped in her chair.

i bit my lip to keep myself from laughing.

"what's so funny?" he didn't look amused in the slightest.

"nothing, grant."

ethan groaned, and pulled the hood on his sweatshirt over his head. he made sure that the little curled ends of his hair were still showing, before placing his hands back on the desk. "you're so damn hot, but you're so damn irritating. how is that even possible?"

i shrugged, and twirled a lock of hair around my finger. "you didn't mean that last part, you're just mad at julia."

"whatever you say, princess."

mr. johnson made sure that everybody had their rubrics, before he started speaking again. "i hope that you like the person you're sitting with. they're going to be your partner for the project being discussed in the rubric."

great. i only agreed to let ethan sit with me, because i didn't know anybody else in this class.

i wasn't really in the mood to get to know a new person today, but i was basically being forced to get to know ethan.

"did you hear that? it sounds like we're going to be spending some time together. the project is worth three quarters of our grade." the tone of ethan's voice was smug, like a child's when they got their way.

"i guess so, but not today. today is julia's day, just come see me when she's ready to give you back." i opened up my binder, and placed the rubric in the front of it.

ethan frowned, and smoothed out the ends of his hair that were sticking out. "you don't wanna get started on the project?"

i yawned softly, and shook my head. "no, i'm tired. i'm planning on napping, doing my homework, and staying in with maci and liv."

the principal's voice boomed through the loudspeaker, alerting us that classes had ended for the day.

"alright, class. i'll see you all tomorrow," mr. johnson picked up the whiteboard eraser before muttering, "i don't get paid enough for this."

i started packing up my things, as quickly as i could.

ethan crossed his arms, and exhaled. "you seem uptight, brie. you know what you need?"

"don't say it, ethan." i shoved my pencil pouch into my backpack, along with my binder, and my book.

he grinned, and studied me. "you need some dick." ethan leaned back in his chair, out his hands behind his head. "i can give it to you whenever you want it."

fortunately, julia had heard the last part of what ethan said. she whacked him on the back of his head, just like how grayson did a few days ago. "you're impossible."

ethan looked mad, even though he deserved to be smacked.

he rubbed the back of his head, and gave her a devilish smile. "you act as if i don't know that, by now."

i sighed loudly. i didn't even understand how they 'enjoyed' each other's company.

"come on, i really don't wanna be with julia."

my eyes widened, he didn't even care enough to lower his voice.

"i think you kind of made that clear. i mean, you fucked her and didn't call her the next day. just be a decent person, talk to the poor girl," i hissed.

ethan raised his brows and smiled, he seemed to be amused. "i wanna hang out with you."

i rolled my eyes. "no thank you. see you tomorrow."

before i could get away, he grabbed my hand and pulled me back into my seat. "i'll do anything," he groaned. "you don't understand. please, i'll take you to mcdonald's. actually, i'll take you anywhere you want, as long as we go now."

"you're not taking me anywhere," i muttered. "you can bring me mcdonald's, though. like, to my room."

he rolled his eyes at me, a weird smile appeared on his face. "you're such a little brat. the mcdonald's is like, five minutes away though. so i guess i can work with that. what do you want?"

i shrugged, and carefully picked up my backpack. "thanks. it's an easy order. chicken nuggets, fries, and sweet & sour sauce. you can pick the number of nuggets, i don't really care."

ethan had an amused look on his face. "i get the same thing, maybe it's a sign."

"huh, i don't think so." i adjusted the backpack strap on my shoulder. "i'm gonna be sad if you forget the sauce."

he ran a hand through his mop of curls, and shook his head. "i can't let the princess down, now can i?"

♡ a/n: my christmas tree is so ugly rip