♡ nine

the colorful lights were projecting on everybody's skin.

i had a dirty shirley temple in my system, thanks to the mystery person that sent some drinks to our table. we were thankful, since none of us were anywhere near old enough to order them ourselves.

"are you ready to dance? everybody's already on the floor," i whined.

ethan took two tequila shots, and bit into the meat of a lime. "not quite, i wanna talk to you."

i rolled my eyes, used my straw to move the ice around in my empty glass. "alright, i guess. make it quick, though."

he sighed deeply. "i don't like your ex."

"that's a coincidence, neither do i." i tightened my ponytail, and lifted up my glass. "whoever ordered these for us... i wish they would have ordered another one."

i heard a familiar laugh, and the sound of ice crashing against a glass, before i saw aspen. "your wish is my command." he smirked, and handed me another dirty shirley.

"uh, thanks. you ordered the drinks?" i decided to take my time with the drink.

ethan rolled his eyes, and picked up another shot. "what the fuck are you doing here?"

it had always been a fantasy of mine to have two hot guys fight over me, but this wasn't nearly as satisfying as i thought it would be.

aspen cracked his knuckles, i cringed at the loud noise. "i wanted to talk to bebe."

ethan had a look of disgust on his face. "who the fuck is bebe?"

"i'm bebe, he used to call me bebe," i groaned, and sucked down the rest of my drink. "whatever you wanna say, just say it."

he sat on the other side of me, and looked me in the eyes. "i miss you, princess."

"dude, that's just disrespectful," ethan downed the shot, shivered. "you were stupid as fuck to let her go, you know that?"

my breath hitched in my throat. "you don't have any right to miss me. you're fucking my sister, aren't you?"

aspen groaned. "i never wanted your sister, okay? this is your mom's doing."

"wait, what?" i bit my lip, and leaned against ethan. "how is this not your fault?"

ethan's fingertips slightly made contact with my suddenly cold skin, in an attempt to calm me down.

"your mom didn't think that i was right for you, she thought that i was a better fit with lili," he picked up a glass of whiskey, and took a sip. "i hope you know that going to boarding school was the best choice for you. lili and your mom can't stand to see you happy."

i tilted my head. "yeah, i already knew that. i knew that lili was obsessed with you when you and i were dating, as well. um, but where exactly is this going?"

ethan yawned loudly, i rolled my eyes. "be civil," i whispered.

"well, your mom knows people that specialize in ruining careers," he poured the rest of the whiskey in his mouth, and swallowed. "that was when my band was starting to become popular. she said that if i didn't date lili, and make public appearances with her, then she would start releasing some skeletons."

i took a deep breath. "skeletons? what skeletons?"

ethan cleared his throat. "uh, hey. could you guys bring me up to speed here? who are your parents?"

"my dad's aaron austen, he was in a band called spirit, in the 90's. my mom's pixie hartford, she was a supermodel around the same time period."aspen sighed. "bebe, do you wanna tell your friend who your parents are?"

i always tried to wait as long as i possibly could to tell people who my parents were, if they didn't know already. "jay cohen, the writer behind a lot of popular shows, and... gabi redwood."

"wait a second, your mom is that gabi redwood?" ethan scratched his head.

i eyed the other drinks, but decided to leave them alone. "yeah. the crazy child actress, turned playboy model. that's my mom."

"you look just like her, that's wild."his eyes widened. "other than brie's mom, you guys have really cool parents."

aspen glanced over at ethan. "thanks, but that's not the point i was trying to make. i'm saying that your mom would have sabotaged my career, if i didn't leave you for lili. so what i'm really trying to say is, can i have another chance?"

a/n: i'm sorry for the filler chapters omg