Chapter 3

I walk inside Zayn's flat and it's gorgeous. When I call a flat gorgeous, it seriously is, because I take lots of care into how my flat is designed and carried out (minus Gio trashing it sometimes).

The first thing you see when you walk in is a humongous window stretched left to right, north to south but with two small walls on the sides to stop it. You can see the city right in front of you, and the whole entire room is sun soaked. I've always wanted a flat like that, but Gio wanted privacy. The furniture has more of a modern, but masculine feel.

"Wow, I love your couch." I say, looking at the all white couch that is in a c-circle. It wraps around the coffee table which has a tea set in place.

"Thanks!" 

"Man, your flat makes mine look like crap and I take great care into the way my flat is designed," I say as I take in everything around me.

"You know I try," Zayn winks.

"You designed this yourself?"

"Well I added some things in it, but my interior designer did most of the work." Zayn puts his hands in his pockets and looks around the room also.

For a moment it's quiet, but it's not awkward. I'm usually the person who does the yapping and making the room full of life, but this time I feel as though there's nothing wrong with being quiet. It's peaceful and I can tell for sure that Zayn understands that it's not awkward at all. It's kind of like a time to be quiet and take in everything and appreciate the little details nobody ever notices.

"Oh sorry, about the jacket." Zayn clears his throat.

"Right." I reply and follow Zayn into his room.

"Aw man. Your room looks better then mine, and I always think that my room is unbeatable. This place crushes the pride I have in my flat." I frown at the platform bed he has that makes me extremely jealous.

"You're probably saying all this, but I'm going to find out one day that you were just kissing up love, and  it turns out your flat is better then mines." Zayn says as we pass by his huge mirror. I end up doing a double take at the mirror. 

Man, someone is looking bee-yoou-ti-ful today! I check myself out in the sparkly clean mirror. I am just in LOVE with my outfit, and how my hair decided to be like it's voluminous, wavy self. 

"Why you so cute, Leah?!" I whisper to myself in the mirror. I tousle my hair slightly to the side and I start smiling. Why do I look gorgeous today?  I mean on other days I look normal, but right now is like that moment. Is it the mirror?

"You like my mirror?" Zayn speaks up, which I jump at.

"What the... I thought you were ahead and I just uh...decided to see how clean it is." Zayn chuckles.

"Looks like I'm not the only vain one here."

"What?! Noooo, it's just like right now, I think I look AMAZING. Like this moment right now, it's like what happened all of a sudden?!" I glance at myself in the mirror.

"Hmm, well I guess you're right, you do look amazing right now." Zayn agrees, as my cheeks flush a light red.

"Thanks, well you do too..." I awkwardly say. Zayn starts to walk again and I follow him into his closet.

This boy is crazy. Girls have lots of clothes, but I'm starting to believe he has more than me. That's very crazy considering the amount of time I spend shopping. He has rows of different kinds of sneakers, and other shoes, with racks of jackets. There is a row of a dresser that stretches from one side of the wall to the other. It's like a mini-clothing store in his closet. Some of his clothes still have the price tags on it.

Zayn looks for a jacket that is similar to the Declan Sweat I argued over. There's a variety of varsity jackets, hoodies, blazers, cardigans. My ego is slowly deflating each time he goes to different parts of his closet to look for one item.

"Aha!" Zayn says as he pulls out a similar Declan Sweat except it's navy.

"Do you think your brother will mind if it's navy instead?"

"No, he shouldn't. He doesn't even go out often, so he shouldn't be complaining."

"Oh, well I never had clothes that looked right with this jacket, so could we swap? I never wore this one."

"Yeah I guess." Zayn hands me over the jacket, and replaces it's spot with the one he just bought. I reach in my bag for my wallet to pay for it.

"No, no, no. You don't have to pay for it." Zayn reaches my hand to stop me from opening my wallet.

"...but you paid for that one." I said, pointing at the jacket.

"So?"

"Then, technically you're giving me this one.."

"Exactly.."

"..wwwhat?"

"I said I'll give you one, not trade." said Zayn.

"Oh, well thanks then. That was really sweet of you to do that." I smile appreciatively.

"No problem! I have loads of clothes, so it was really not much." Zayn says as he leaves the closet and I follow him out. I really want to explore his flat, because it just looks really nice, but I don't think he'd enjoy a random stranger snooping around in his flat.

"Well, thanks for letting me us swap jackets, even though I found it first." said Zayn.

"I guess it's not that of a big deal. I guess I was kind of mean cause I'm snappy and people say I'm feisty or something."

"Yeah, you kind of are love. I hope your brother likes it. He sure does sound interesting."

"Puh-lease, he's boring. He has no life, trust me. I'm not suprised if he has a computer wife or something like that. I should probably get going." 

"Okay, bye Leah!" Zayn follows behind me to the door.

"Well thanks, and uh bye!" I said.

"Oh wait!" Zayn says the second I take a step out the door.

"Huh?"

"I might need your number incase you know, your brother doesn't like it or it doesn't fit." Zayn bites the bottom part of his lip as he hands me his IPhone.

"Um, okay." I said and typed in my number.

"Here you go," I give Zayn his phone back.

"Thanks, bye!" Zayn gives a little wave and smiles.

"Bye!" I wave and smile back at him.

I wonder if at any point I was gawking at him or not. Man, he is very handsome. I mean if you compare him to that picture I took, there's a big difference.