Chapter 4

After exiting Zayn's flat I become hungry. My stomach growls at me, and I pat my tummy. I should have started smart and eat my breakfast. When I'm hungry, I'm HONGRY! I don't care who you are and if you've had a history of poisoning other people's food, but I will eat your food under any circumstance. 

I look ahead and see a blonde guy munching on some chips. Chips. Me. Hungry. Go. Eat. I randomly walk straight towards him and grab a couple of chips in his bag. I look up at him, and realize it's Niall! Oh, how cool!

"Hey! You're Niall! Thanks by the way!" I chimed and Niall has a very big expression of anger on his face. I heard that he doesn't like sharing food, but it can't be that bad is it? Before Niall has a chance to speak up, I'm already leaving and jogging down the stairs. I mean, it's not like I'm going to meet him again and he's going to hate me or something.

After walking back home for a little bit, I come home to see the trashiest version of my flat ever. I swear I will never leave Gio home alone for more than an hour. The first thing you'd see is Gio surrounded by trash, playing video games. There's balled up napkins, soda spills, empty bags of chips, a box of pizza with grease on the walls.

"GIOVANNI!"

"What?! I'm in the middle of shoo-HEY!" Gio says as I unplug his PS3 from the outlet.

"You seriously need to grow up! You're nineteen!" I said with my arms crossed and my body leaning against the wall.

"I will, next year I'm starting school."

"You said that last year! I'm tired of babying you, you need to learn how to live on your own. You're such a slob." 

"I'm a guy!"

"Zayn is a guy and his flat is spotless!"

"Zayn?"

"Right, I forgot you live under a rock. Zayn Malik...you know, One Direction.."

"Oh! THE GUY YOU TOOK THAT PICTURE OF!! How would you know he lives cleanly?"

"Well, I got your stupid jacket and he had the last one so we had to trade at his place."

"Oh, about the jacket, hand it over!" I threw his jacket on his head.

"It's weird, you went to his flat and he had no idea you took that ugly picture of him." Gio laughs.

"Yeah, but it's not like we're going to meet again right?"

"True, but still it's funny. Oh, Grace skyped you earlier."

"Alright, but your cleaning this up! I'm not letting you wait until Rita comes back to clean it."

*************

"Leah, you don't just tap on someone's shoulder and claim the jacket that they found first is yours. It's rude!"  Grace scolds me. She's always scolding me, I'm like her daughter and she's the mom in the friendship.

"But, I needed it the most! He has like 200 of them! Have you seen his closet?! NO! So, you can't say anything!"

"That's so mean, you should have approached the situation more politely!"

"Hey, you know I'm like that though!"

"Ugh, you're so terrible."

"I know, and I LOVE it!"

"Whatever, anyways don't hang out with him too much, it's going to be dangerous you know, if he finds out..."

"Like I am going to meet him again or somethin." I scoff.

"He asked for your number Leah! Your NUUUUUUUMBER."

"Yeah, incase Gio doesn't like the jacket!"

"How can you be so blind? You never pick up on things that guys give you when they like you."

"I don't have time for guys, Grace. I have an internationally known blog to run, and school."

"Ugh, you need a boyfriend."

"You can't say anything cause you're single too, so shut up."

"I had more boyfriends then you!"

"Whatever, I'm leaving!" I said and cut her off by hanging up on Skype. Grace is a little too interested in my love life, I think she should back off. After all it is my love life right? My phone buzzes from a random number.

42-56-7859-9154

 Hey! How does your brother like the jacket? :) xx -Zayn

To Zayn: 

I think he doesn't care really. I have no idea what he's going to do with it, but thanks a millions! :)

There, I was done contacting him. There was no reason to meet him again was there? It wasn't like he was going to randomly start texting me, let's get realistic here. He's Zayn Malik and he has a life, I'm just Leah that nobody knows that much about. Teddy on the other hand is fake, she might be famous, but Leah isn't. Seriously, why would Zayn like someone he just met, that's ludicrous.

Grace reads way too much into signs. She's always claiming that someone likes me or something like that. She thinks she's some love guru, but at the same time she's afraid to admit her feelings to other people.

My phone buzzes once again and it's Zayn's number. Again.

Zayn:

No problem xx I'm going to the furniture store to get more things for my flat tomorrow. Wanna come?

This is not a date. THIS IS NOT A DATE. This is just a polite invitation to go to the furniture store, since I've been coveting over his items. Grace is still wrong about her prediction. I really want to go, but at the same time I'm not sure if this is a smart decision. I guess I could go just once, and maybe that'll be it. I know I just said I was going to stop contacting him after I just texted him, but a trip to the furniture store wouldn't hurt would it?

To Zayn:

Sure! That'll be cool, we can be like furniture friends or whatever..

I know I sound like a terrible person, by putting him in the friend zone but, it's not like I have a choice. Even though I think Grace's love predictions are wrong, I should be extra sure.

Zayn:

Umm...yeah.

See, he's agreeing with me. I'm positively sure he agrees that we should be friends too.

To Zayn:

Where to? :)

Zayn:

If you could meet at my flat? 3 -ish? I don't wanna be mobbed by fans. Sorry xx

To Zayn:

Okay! See ya then :P

It was official. I was just going on one trip to the furniture store with Zayn. After that I'm completely done contacting him. I swear.