Chapter 12: Wishy Washy

I hear a knock on the door while I'm in my kitchen. It's like 9PM.

"Can't get any damn peace around here." Jake says as he gets up from the couch and goes and opens the door.

"Why are you at my house again?" He asked the person.

I go to see what's going on and see Cameron.

"Didn't I tell you to never come to my house again, son."

I stood there and watched the two bicker back and forth until they finally noticed me standing there.

"Hello there, Cameron." I faked a smile. Jake looked at him and then looked at me.

"Sir I just need to talk to your daughter it'll only take about 5 minutes." He said trying to make peace. Jake nodded and moved out the way so he can come in.

"3 minutes and then you get the hell out of my house, and no funny business." He yelled as he went upstairs. Hell for all I knew he probably had a camera sitting in here right now watching us. Cause clearly I can't get any privacy around here.

Cameron and I stood face to face to each other.

"I don't want you to be mad at me." Cameron sighed.

"Dude I'm literally not, I know you can't control your family but I was really pissed off." I told him.

"I understand I would have been too." He looked up at me.

"Ally I know you have a boyfriend but just know that as a friend I'm always here for you," He paused. "No funny business."

We both laughed. 

"Well I guess our 3 minutes is up, so I better get out of here." He stated.

"Yeah, you probably should." I smiled and walked him to the door.

He gave me a quick hug before he left out.

I turned around and I almost tripped once again because Jake startled me.

"You've really got to stop doing that!" I yelled.

"Doing what?" He laughed.

"Popping up out of nowhere." I said.

"Sweetheart, I'm only coming in to get some water." He said mischievously. He walked right passed me and into the kitchen. Bastard.

I hopped out the car and ran into the school I was literally later than I'd ever been. I ran into my class and sat down I didn't even go to my locker. Everybody stared at me like I was some lunatic.

"What?" I rolled my eyes.

"Woah, Allison's getting mean since she's been dating the "bad boy"." One boy in my class that I still don't know their name making the whole class laugh.

"Well at least I'm in a relationship, you just sit behind your computer and sign up for dating websites." I rolled my eyes.

He didn't say anything back. Then our teacher came in the room and he rolled his eyes at me.
As if I care, I've dealt with way too much shit this year as whole. I think I can take just about anything that comes my way by now.

I sat at lunch with Joshua and Chloe. Jennifer had a cheerleading meeting.

"You should come over today." I told Joshua.

"Sorry babe I can't today." He gave me a sympathetic look.

"Okay then." I said slowly.

"But I promise we'll do something tomorrow, okay." He said pushing my hair out of my face making me smile. I leaned in to give him a quick kiss. Chloe sighed in front of us which was made me stop.

"What's wrong Chlo?" I asked her.

"Nothing." She rolled her eyes.

"I've know you forever and right now I know your lying." I told her.

"I've only know you for a month and I know your lying." Joshua added. "Your not that good of a liar."

I laughed at his comment. "No but seriously Chloe what's wrong?" I asked her. "You just seem really irritated."

"I'm gonna go." She said as she grabbed her tray and took it to the trash can and left out the cafeteria.

"What the hell is up with her?" I asked Joshua.

"I wouldn't know." He said.

"I'll deal with her later on." I sighed. "Let's just finish eating."

JOSHUAS POV
I stood at Allison and I spot by the tree. The spot I asked her out on a date for the first time at and waited for her. Chloe was walking ahead and spotted me. She made her way over to where I was.

"What are you doing out here?" She asked me smiling.

"Waiting for Allison, you?" I asked.

"I had a book club meeting." She started. "You know what let's cut to the chase."

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked confused.

"What do you mean?" I asked her confusingly.

"You never seemed to notice the way I looked at you." She said all of sudden and started moving closer in on me.

"Chloe I think you need to back up and we can talk about this." I told her walking backwards. Even though she followed me.  We came to a stopping point.

"I liked you before Allison did." She stated.

"Okay that's really awesome but I think you should step away Chloe." I told her repeatedly.

Before I knew she had laid her lips on mine and had cupped my face with her hands.

"WHAT THE HELL!" I heard Allison's voice.

"Allison!" Chloe pushed me and ran to Allison. I stood there confused as to what just happened.

"He kissed me and I told him not to come any closer but he refused." She started to wine.

"What the fuck?" I paused. "You lying bitch."

Chloe looked at me with a fake tear rolling down her face. I looked at Allison and she looked at me with the most pained expression ever.

"Allison are you seriously going to stand here and believe her?" I asked Allison. "She's fucking lying to you, she came onto me I swear to god."

"Then why are you so defensive?" Chloe cried.

I had never put my hands on a girl before, but i promise you I was close to it.

"Cause shes my girlfriend you dumbass!"  I yelled at her.

"Why would you do this?" Allison asked me.

"Babe, she kissed me why won't you listen to me I thought we had each other's trust." I said.

She just shocked her head and took Chloe's hand and walked away. Chloe shot me a smirk once she turned around and looked back at me.

"Bitch!" I kicked the bench.