Chapter 9: Forget Me Not

I walked down the hallway of my school. Filled with other crowded empty minded human beings. Focusing to much on the tiles on the floor i bumped into what felt like a brick wall.
"Damnit." I said. "Could you watch where your-" I cut myself off looking up at Joshua. He was much taller than me so he looked down at me with a smirk. "I think you should use your own advice." He teased. I rolled my eyes and tried to walk past him but that didn't work.

"Do you want a hug?" He followed me. I turned around towards him. "Actually, yeah I do want a hug." I stated. We awkwardly hugged in the middle of the hallway. "I really don't want to be here Joshua." I said with my head down. "Where do you want to go?" He asked. "Starbucks." I stated. He nodded and held my hand as we walked outside. There was a Starbucks right across the street.

"I've turned you into a bad girl Allison." Joshua laughed. I smiled laying my head on his shoulder. "No, I'm just upset." I said. "About?" He raised his eyebrows. "A lot of things." I replied. "Well tell me about all of them."

We sat down at one of the tables at Starbucks and I ordered my super secret recipe. Joshua got a vanilla bean frappe.

"Talk to me." Joshua said. "Well." I stated. "I don't understand boys." "Like their logic." I said. He smiled at me. "Who's the boy?" He asked. "No one." I said. "Say it." He stated. I sighed. " I kissed Cameron." I said making Joshua look at me in disbelief. "Well he kissed me."

"Oh really." Joshua licked his lips. "What's that supposed to mean?" I asked cautiously. "Oh nothing." He said drinking some more of his drink. "Why did I tell you this?" I face palmed myself.

"Are you mad?" I asked. He grabbed his drink from off the table and got up. "Lets go." He commanded. "Where?" I said slowly rising from my seat. "To find this bastard." He stated fixing his shirt. "Joshua!" I exclaimed grabbing his arm but he snatched it away.

"Why are you angry?" I asked trying to get him to calm down. "Cause he kissed you." He said looking straight ahead. "But we're not together and he didn't -" I cut myself off from Joshua stopping right in his tracks. "Really?" He asked. "We aren't!" I exclaimed. "Good to know." He said walking again. "You don't have to follow me I'm not going back to school." He stated about to cross the street. I sighed.

"No, Joshua." I said. "Allison, just go away." He said. Then he crossed over to the other side never looking back at me. Wow, two boys that won't speak with me. That's just great.

I walked in my house and put my bag down on the table by the door. As I was about to head up the steps my mom appeared out of no where. "Have a good morning at school today?" She tested me. "What do you mean?" I asked nervously. "Why weren't you at school this morning Allison?" She blocked my way for me to get to my room. "I was." I mumbled. "No you were not." She replied.

I looked down at the steps hoping she'd just leave it alone. "Allison, just talk to me." She stated putting her hand on my shoulder.

We went Into the living room and sat down on the couch. I hadn't actually had a good conversation with my mom in a while. "What's up with you?" My mom asked. "Nothing." I stared at the wall. "Yes there is." She said fixing her velvet robe. "Is it that boy?" She asked. "Somewhat." I stated. My mother took a deep breath. "What happened?" She asked digging deeper for information. "He's mad at me." My eyes suddenly starting to get water. "Oh honey." She said hugging me. I laid my head on her chest. I felt a tear roll down my face. Usually I was always the one being upset with Joshua, but now this just felt horrible. My mom looked at me. "Why is he mad?" She asked politely. "Because.." I said not wanting to tell her why. "Because?"

"Well my project partner and I kind of..." I said not looking at her. "What did you guys do?" She asked. "We kissed." I said quickly. She sighed. "But Joshua and I aren't together, and I don't know whether or not I messed up."