⚜️ The Axeman's Letter ⚜️

300 Years Ago

"We set sail several days ago. Six of the crew are dead. The hunger I feel is not satiated so here I sit, writing to distract myself from the sand within my veins. My twin, Niklaus, was the first to kill. Yet here I sit, starving because I refuse to take a life and I know once I begin to feed I won't be able to stop till everyone is dead-"

"Just have a drink, sister." Niklaus appears in the captain's quarters where Kassandra set up her bed. She let the pen fall from her fingers as he continued. "I can practically hear the scraping of your own veins." He had blood smeared across his face and ruffled shirt.

Kass lifted her eyes, tiredly. "I will drink once we arrive to this new world." Her throat was raspy.

"That could be days!"

"Then I shall wait." She said firmly.

He sighed. "Do as you please."

"Sister..." Elijah stood by the door, behind Niklaus. He examined her over, noticing the paleness. The lack of blood. Though, before he could say anything further she stood up.

"I don't want to hear it. I refuse to take anymore life. Once we get on land I will find an animal to feed on." She pushed past her brothers and walked up to the deck.

The leftover crew were there, oblivious to the monsters that lurked in each corner. Kassandra sighed and walked to the edge of the ship, she took in the vastness of the ocean. The smell of seawater was powerful, but that could not cover the salty smell of blood.

Nothing could

Present Day

Kass blinked as the memories slowly dissipated; She brought a finger to her under eye and felt the risen black veins. Memories brought up more than just emotion. The memory of her hunger was strong. She was always the sweet but out of control twin. Niklaus was the ferocious but controlled twin.

A knock came at her door, then Klaus quickly entered. She coughed and rubbed her under eyes quickly, forcing the veins away. He glanced at her curiously. "You alright, sister?"

"Fine! What's up?"

"I was just about to have a riveting discussion about our sire's and ex's with our brother." He replied grabbing her arm and dragging her out the room. "He'll meet us in the cafe down the street."

"Why there?" She wondered. "Must I go? Tristan is barely my ex... we just fornicated a little bit."

Klaus shuddered and continued walking through the compound. "I believe the term is 'TMI'"

"Look at Little Klaus, knowing the current terminology. How cute."

"You do realize you're a few minutes older than me."

She grinned. "It counts."

He rolled his eyes and paused at the door that lead to the Courtyard. She paused to smell her surroundings and realized why he stopped. The scent of blood and a rotting corpse rolled through the cracks of the door. He pushes the door open and followed the scent till they both stood by a girl, wrists cut, lying on a bed of lavender.

Kass was already dialing Elijah's number. "Kass."

"Elijah, you might want to get over to the compound, now." Then she hung up. "Don't touch her until our brother arrives."

"I'm here." Elijah sped through the door and was looking at the body. "Who did this?"

Kass picked up the note in her hand. "Roses are red, lavender is blue. Come find me, before I find you."
Klaus scowled.