⚜️ The Other Girl In New Orleans: I ⚜️

"So I just think about it? And it'll happen?"

Freya smiled and chuckled. "You have to feel the magic inside you. It's like a second heartbeat, it's something that runs through your veins. You tell it what to do with your mind." She focused on the stick man she'd set up in her room. "It should be as simple as breathing." The first one broke just enough for the head to hang down.

"Ok well I've been a vampire for the past thousand years, you could say I don't know how to breath." Kass argued, a little pout formed on her lips.

"Sh." Freya moves behind her and touched her shoulders. "Focus. Break the stick-man's neck."

"Ok." She nodded confidently and focused all her energy on the thing in front of her. She lift of hand, then twisted it. Wanting the neck to break. It did. But, the pieces flew everywhere. They both ducked. "Maybe that was a little too much?"

"A little." But Freya laughed. She checked her phone and suddenly got serious. "I've got to do a spell. So Tristan can't leave. Want to help me make a circle around him?"

"Elijah has chained him to a seat in his study?" Kass inquires. She glanced over her sister's shoulder, at the texts.

"Come on."

This opportunity gave Kass a chance to learn much more about magic. Freya injected him with some sort of herbal potion. Then, she began to set up a circle, a boundary as she called it, of salt and herbs; Tristan was still knocked out in the seat and she could help but glance up at his face every now and then. Inside the boundary, Freya carves runes on the floor.

She finished and sighed. Addressing Elijah. "The spell is complete. Tristan cannot cross the boundary of his own will, but we can enter and leave as we please." Elijah crouched down to examine Tristan better. "I took the liberty of injecting him with hibiscus and mugwort to counteract any vervain in his system. All you have to do is compel him to give you the longitude of Kass' location."

"He says he's immune."

Freya shrugged. "Well, then I'll find some other way to make him talk." She walked over to the end table and set the jar of salt on it. Then, she picked up a dagger.

"Will you?" He walked over to his older sister and held out his hand, signaling for the blade.

"You're still upset I tortured Aurora without your permission."

"Oh, Freya. I'm obscenely fond of torture." He promised, with an amused smirk. "But yes, when I'm entertaining, I like to be the one to choose precisely when and how we violate the guests."

"Fine. How should we proceed?"

"Devastate his body, infiltrate the mind, and steal the information we need. To that end, I've invited a friend."

"Elijah." Hayley appeared at the door, hope balancing on her hip. "I got your text."

"Unless she's violently teething, I don't recommend this as a daycare..."

She sighed. "Jack's gone, and I don't know if he's coming back. I also really don't want to talk about it. So, which one of you will take Hope while I take out my anger on this pompous dick."

"Come here, baby girl." Freya gave Hayley a sympathetic smile before taking Hope. "Come on, Kass. No offense but I know about you and Tristan..."

That earned a look from Hayley, but Kass shook her head. "Hey, do what you want with him." She walked with Freya out the door.

"Let's go to the apartment."

Kass nodded and smiled at the beautiful child in her sister's arms. Hope smiled back, her hands reached out, as if trying to grasp her hands.

Hope was put to sleep and they sat together in the living room. Kass picked at the strings that protruded from the old couch where she sat. Her heart went out to Tristan but she wanted her body. Being human kind of sucked. She wanted to eat all the time and walking was such a tire. Her skin was so delicate; everything cut her. Human bodies were such a nuisance.

Out of the corner of her eye, Kass saw Freya staring at her. An amused smile on her lips. She turned to her sister and furrowed her brow. "What?"

"You'll get a hang of this whole witch thing." She said. More like promised. "I'll help you."

"It won't matter soon. I'll have my body back." Kass replied; her eyes were on the floor. The way Freya said it, it seemed like she wanted her to stay a witch. Kass sighed and kept her eyes from looking her sister directing in the eyes. "I'm just not meant to be a witch."

They both were silent for a minute. Freya curled up on the couch while Kass picked at the skin on her fingers. Everything was so fragile. She looked at her sister and sighed again.

Suddenly the opened, revealing an older woman. Her hair was cut into a bob and her face was covered in line.

"You must be the sister. Freya?" Her voice was deep and gravelly. She glanced at Kass. "I assume you're the twin Jackson was talking about, not in your original body."

Freya exchanged a wary glance with Kass before looking back at the woman. "And who are you?"

"Name's Mary. I'm a Crescent. Closest thing your niece has to a great-grandmother." Mary looked towards the other room. "Figure she's napping?"

"That's right."

"And Hayley?"

Kass glances at the balcony that stood directly across from the compounds balcony. "She's across the street helping with a... family matter."

"Was that Elijah's idea?" Mary questioned, rolling her eyes.

"Stay with her," Freya whispered in Kass' ear then walked out of the living room. "I'm gonna call Hayley."

Kass was left alone with the woman, who stared at her so hard she actually felt uncomfortable. It was an odd feeling, being in this new body. There were new vulnerabilities and small things like Jackson's grandmother making her feeling awkward and uncomfortable. Her fingers clasped together, she nervously twitched.

When Freya returned she put her hand on her sister, her eyes strangely glancing up. "Calm down, sister."

It was then that Kass realized her magic was out of control and the lights her vibrating and flickering slightly. She shook her head and calmed herself. It stopped. "Sorry," She smiled sheepishly and glanced at her hands, "I'm still getting used to this whole magic thing because someone just had to place me in a witch's body."

Freya rolled her eyes and walked Kass out the apartment. Hayley apparently was coming back to speak with Mary.

Kass' phone buzzed. She glanced at her screen only to have her stomach drop at the text from her twin.

Aurora has Camille.

⚜️