⚜️ The Ghost Along The Mississippi ⚜️

"Do you see what your sister did to me?"

Tristan studied Kass, his eyes going over her from head to toe. He pursed his lips, the top slightly lifting in a smirk, as if he found the whole situation amusing. "Yes, of course. You're new body is a vampire now."

"I was killed, Tristan." She said lowly, fire blazed behind her light eyes. "Aurora turned those boys from the fight club and three of them drained me dry. I died. Does that not register with you at all?"

"Of course it does, my love."

She stood up, abruptly and found her way to the door, glaring at him, "This was a mistake. I thought you actually cared."

He let out a light chuckle, "Your not actually here, Kassandra. This is a dream and I'm inside your head."

"I'm not awake yet?"

"You'll wake up once I release you from this dream." He moved closer to her, his lips hovered over hers, "Until then maybe we could-"

She tried shoving him away but she was weak. "Get off me!"

"Mm, my dear, you have no strength here."

There were two thoughts working against each other in her mind. She wanted to kiss him again and feel his hands on her body but then again he wanted to destroy her family so she wouldn't mind tearing his eyes from his sockets. "Let me go." She asked again, calmly.

"I suppose i should. My sister has done something dastardly and you will need to be there to pick up the pieces."

"What?"

"Goodbye, Kassandra."

⚜️

Kass woke in her bed, Elijah sitting on the edge. He held her hand with great strength, she feared he may crush it. She wasn't as strong as her original body. There was a look in his eyes, she hesitated. "What's happened?"

"Camille is dead. She's in transition now. Niklaus is devastated."

"Oh, Elijah. Will we ever get a break?"

He sighed. "Come." He led her to the study where Klaus was sitting at the bar. They both look at him with concern but he ignores them and sips his bourbon.

"How is she?" Elijah questioned,

"She has just risen from the dead. As soon as she feeds, her mood will change for the better." Klaus walked towards his brother, his tone turned menacing. "In the meantime, these attacks need to be answered! Our retribution must be swift, and it must be brutal!"

"Agreed. After the Serratura has been recovered. Freya's pendant is also missing."

"And Finn's mystical essence along with it." Klaus rolled his eyes, "So let the imbecile stay lost! Our business for today is to finish off the de Martels!" He turned to Kass, "Are you happy? Now you and Camille must suffer through being new vampires."

"You aren't seriously blaming me for this, Klaus? Don't be a wanker." She poked a finger into his chest, glaring furiously at him. "Remember your the one who broke her heart so if anyone's to blame it's you! You knew she'd lash out, congratulations, Camille's a vampire because of you."

"I'm going to kill them all." Klaus replied, in a low rumble.

Elijah stepped up and tried to calm the situation. "Now, brother, think. Think. Tristan needs the most powerful witch in the city to activate that weapon. A Regent."

"Vincent." Klaus rushed towards the door to leave. His eyes were dark, "Who was once possessed by Finn--"

He grabbed his brothers arm. "Stay here. She'll need you, brother. Kass and I will go."