* V2 (CH 43) - Chapter 66 - Epilogue

A young man with dark hair with one indigo colored eye and the other black exits an elevator. The hallway is empty as the young man arrives at a dark office and enters without knocking. The chair is turned away, but even in the dim light, a seated figure can be seen with their back turned towards him. "So, #32 is dead?" The seated figure asked.

"Yes, sir. His death was confirmed and his body destroyed," the young man replied.

"I see. Was it Victoria?"

"Yes and no, sir. Victoria killed #32, but his body was destroyed by his employers at the time, the Changelings."

"Good. Anyhow, the plan is proceeding beautifully #32 fulfilled his purpose. The Conclave has now been called into action. Now, we merely wait for the bait to be set."

The young man waits for more instructions, but nothing more emerges from the man's mouth. "Sir, if I may, are you certain that Victoria will align with us, once everything falls into place?" The young man gravely asked.

"Vincent, I am certain you are wary of Victoria given your past history together. But, Victoria is a patriot of humanity for better or for worse. She believes in protecting humanity at all costs much like her dearly departed father, Atlas Starr. When the time comes, she will side with us over them," the man solemnly replied.

Vincent warily purses his lips and changes the subject, "Very well sir, then am I to wait until the board has been set up and the players are in place?"

"Yes, but first I want you to set up the bait," the unknown figure said.

"Yes, sir. May I know who you have in mind?" Vincent asked.

"You will know when the details are sent over to you. Now go," the man strictly ordered. Vincent turns around and in uncharacteristic fashion walks out precisely as instructed to do. Because to disobey that man would be the equivalent to disobeying Atlas Starr, one would not survive the consequence of doing so.

*

Precisely one month later, a certain perfectly fabricated package was sent by Vincent, anonymously to the Conclave with rather specific details. The next day a bomb detonated in a governmental building and brought the entire building down. It was being referred as the 2nd 9-11. Various terrorist's groups, of course, claimed to be responsible for the terrible attack. But no real proof was found as investigators felt that it was an entirely new radical group given the sophistication of the explosive device. However, after intense political pressure including that of the masses, a terrorist organization named the Remote were declared responsible for the attack to quell the public masses. The case was sealed shut and despite the different sentiment of the investigators, the government went ahead and declared the case closed. Instead, all efforts were to be directed to create a new task force to investigate "Remote," the new and said responsible terrorist organization.

*

A familiar cool room is filled with kneeling shrouded figures. A beauty with snowy hair, silver eyes, and pointed ears stands before them. Half of her hair is pulled back hair carefully covering one silver eye and despite being scantily clad in a black top and silted open silk skirt, the members remain solemn in reverence. The beauty who is sweetly curved in all the right places was enough to be all that was needed to get a man up at any strip club. Just a simple smile or touch would get the job done and leave the man greatly satisfied.

The beauty takes a seat and crosses her legs erotically before them allowing tantalizing glimpses of her upper and inner thighs. "Children, I am satisfied with your devotion. But why do the humans believe that someone other than us is responsible for the attacks?" The Queen Mother asked.