Believing In Miracles

Kurt's words were not something you expected. They caught me off guard but made me love him even more. 

      "Kurt that's really sweet no one has ever said that to me before." I said smiling at him.

      "Well its true." He said with a large goofy grin. I couldn't help but smile, he was sweet, kind, caring and all the things that I loved wanted and needed. He truly made me believe in miracles. I had never been a believer in miracle until I met him. He changed everything in my life forever. I sat in the living room with him, this was going to be my first night sleeping somewhere other than a shitty motel room in couple of months.

     "Kurt I have something I need to tell you." I said finally deeming it time to tell Kurt the rest of what  I know about Kassandra.

   "Sure what is it Rhi?" He asked turning his full attention towards me.

   "Well sometime tomorrow, Kassandra will be here in Washington. Her mom didn't want her hanging out around our old town without me since the accident. My mom told me what time her flight would be landing in Seattle." I said finally telling him everything my mother had told me earlier in the day.

    "Well Rhi, we'll wait for her at the airport tomorrow and help her get settled in a motel room." Kurt said with a smile.

     "You'd help me with that?" I asked him shock evident in my voice.

     "Of course I would, she's your friend and you mean something to me that I can't explain." He said with a dorky grin.

      "Thank you." I said before pulling him into a kiss that didn't feel like any of the others that we had shared. I remembered that I was just shy scared girl when I got out here a few months ago.

    "You're welcome Rhi." He said with a smile that was so beautiful.

    "I'm tired." I said with a sigh.

     "Well let's go to bed then honey." He replied grinning at me. He stood up taking my hand leading us the room we would now share. It was something I had never expected, being so far from home living with the man that I fell in love with.

     "Kurt, I love you." I sighed as I smiled and laid down next to him.

     "I love you too, Rhi." He said before he pulled me into his arms and I fell asleep with my head on his chest. 

            *               *                          *                                 

The next morning Kurt and I were both up before the stars to make it to Seattle on time. We took his car. My mother had told  Kassandra's mother that I would meet them at the airport when they got there. Kurt and I arrived a little early so we just stood there waiting.

     "Thank you for helping me with this Kurt." I said with a smile.

    "No problem Rhi, I love you and if this makes you happy. I'm all for it." He told me grinning at me.

     Eventually I saw Marcia (Kassandra's mother) and Kassandra walking out of the terminal. I was happy to see Kassandra.

     "OH MY GOD RHI! YOU LOOK AMAZING!"  Kassandra squealed as she ran towards me.

    "I know Kassandra, its a side effect of not being a member of the local freak show like I was back home." I said grinning at her.

    "Oh my who's this?" Kassandra asked gesturing to Kurt.

    "Oh, yeah Kassandra this my boyfriend Kurt." I told her smiling as I took Kurt's hand and pulled him to stand next to me.

    "Nice to meet you." Kassandra said she winked at me. I knew she was trying to tell me that she thought he was hot and that I did good. Kassandra's mom bid her farewell before handing me a note that read:

     "Dear Rhiannon, 

        I want you to make sure Kassandra is safe, that accident was no accident. Her boyfriend at the time Alex he beat her. He LAID hands on her. I need you now to keep her safe because with you is the only safe place for her. You have looked after her since you guys were kids. Now as a worried mother I ask you to do that one more. 

        -Marcia"

     "Well are we ready to go?" I asked looking my boyfriend Kurt and best friend Kassandra. They both nodded and we started walking back towards Kurt's car. My mind was still reeling from the note that Kassandra's mom gave me. She seemed heartbroken but at the same time this is for Kassandra's safety. If I ever found that guy I was going to kill him. It has to be bad if Marcia is forcing Kassandra away for her own safety. We got Kassandra set up in the same motel that I was staying in before I moved in with Kurt.

     "So Rhi, how long have you and the blond guy been together?" Kassandra asked as I helped her settle in while Kurt waited for me out in the car.

    "Almost a couple of months." I said smiling a little.

    "Really, are you still staying here in the local motel?" She asked me.

    "No actually I moved in with my boyfriend Kurt. He's really something else. He is also trying to start a band but him and his bassist seem to be having issues finding a drummer that fits with the band." I said with a laugh.

    "Rhi did you read the note my mom gave you telling you the real truth that we didn't even tell your mother?" Kassandra asked.

   "Yes I did Kass, I don't know how to feel about some fucking asshole putting his hands on you Kass. You're my best friend but I love you and I would kill for you."I said.

   "I know Rhi, that's why my mom wanted me to come out here is because she knew that if he or anyone tried to hurt me that you would be the immovable object in their way." Kass said looking down.

    "Kass I'm here for you, you're all settled in. I gotta get home and make dinner. I'm only but a phone call away." I said as I got up. She thanked me and walked me out before giving me a hug. Once I was in the car with Kurt I was still smiling widely.

    "So Kassandra seems nice." Kurt said with a smile as he laid his hand on mine.

    "She is." I said as I laughed a little.