Chapter 15!

"Today I'll be teaching something a bit different." Shenz began his lesson introduction with a somewhat weak attempt to get everyone excited.

"Magic. Magic is split into types, as I'm sure you all know, or at least hope you do." Shenz said, with a tone that revealed his lack of faith in us.

"Most of these weaknesses and strengths should feel intuitive to you. For example, water magic will usually win against fire magic. Fire will win against nature. Lightning trumps water. Water would beat earth, and earth, lightning. There's a very simple a common trend here. Does anyone see it?" Shenz asked.

I'm honestly not sure if he just thinks we're all idiots or if he thinks that this question is worth asking.

A naive looking boy raised his hand. Shenz nodded.

"Sir. The pattern is that they're all common sense, isn't it?" The boy spoke with confidence.

Shenz nodded.

"Well done Tael! I'm glad you could answer that." Shenz let out a sigh of relief as he spoke.

"To continue the lesson, there is in fact one type of magic with no weakness," Shenz began. "Does anyone know what this type of magic is?" His eyes scanned the room.

A very silent, slow, and awkward minute passed.

"No? Alright. The magic type is shadow magic." Our instructor sighed as he spoke. Apparently he was hoping one of us would be able to answer that.

A scowl emerged on almost every face in the room. Some even began to growl.

Do they hate shadow magic?

Shenz' head tilted down. "Continuing on, there's one more type of magic that you don't know about. Does anyone want to describe and explain it to the class?" A short girl with black hair a glasses stood up. She seemed very soft spoken.

"It's u-un-unkowm magi-magic, i-isn't it? She spoke with absolutely no confidence. Most like, she's the most socially awkward person out of everyone in the class.

"That's right! Would you like to explain it too?" Shenz seemed excited that someone knew what he was teaching about.

"N-n-no!" The awkward girl shook her head violently and sat down.

There was very clear disappointment showing in Shenz' eyes. "Fine. I'll explain it then. Unknown magic, to put it simply, is magic unique to the individual, or family. It's poorly named, as its effects and what it does are usually very clear. For example, the famous Nauestrea Family all are able to teleport. This magic is more unique then it is unknown." The new information, that was also very intuitive, flooded into my head.

Shenz continued with his lesson. "There are two very famous heroes with unique magic. I'm sure you all know them from growing up."

I don't. Please, do tell.

"They are of course Yeol, and Grisa. Both were very famous heroes from around a century ago during the Great Beast War. Part of the reason that they're so famous is due to them being born into the same Era, something extremely rare." Slurring his words, our instructor taught a very quick history lesson.