Chapter 32!

[Author's Note: It's been a really long time! My life really took over my desire to write this, but I've suddenly sprung back! Hope you enjoy, guys!]

The room in front of me, for lack of better words, looked exactly how you would expect it to look. It was quite large, round, and was supported by six pillars that made something of a diamond shape. In the center of the room was a circle on the ground with strange symbols. Most likely, it was the summoning circle.

I looked towards Mathias. "So why did we come here? I know you wanted somewhere secluded, but considering where you brought me, there has to be more to it."

Mathias nodded. "This is the only space in the Academy in which the outside won't be able to detect large concentrations of magic. This way we can form a gem that properly reflects what you're capable of."

The fox-eared boy turned towards me, and took a seat on the ground. I followed suit. 

Reaching into his back pocket, he pulled out a dull, lifeless looking gem. 

"Academy Gems are formed through the regal tongue." My instructor began explaining.

Mathias walked to the center of the summoning circle and placed the dull gem on the ground. He looked towards me, "Most Academy Gems are made with a general algorithm using the Regal Tongue. Yours will need to be tailored specifically to yourself. There can be no expectations within the algorithm for your given level, race, or abilities." He frowned as he said this.

Mathias continued, "Because this process is so specific to you, you'll need to remain within this room as it scans your body. This might take a long time. Nearly a month I expect. Are you prepared to wait that long?" he asked me.

It really is like a programming language. Thoughts went through my head.

I nodded. I wanted a better grasp of my abilities.

Mathias, smiled. He was clearly just as excited as I was to watch what was about to happen.

"Good", he said. "Repeat after me."

"Inte maina voidn chari num for inte i..." Mathias began speaking in a language that most others besides ourselves wouldn't be able to understand. Each word sounded powerful, and difficult to comprehend.

                           * * * * *

~Mathias' Point of View~

It had been four hours since we had begun. Two hours in, I stopped speaking and let Agapi take over. While most people would be able to understand Regal Tongue to a minimal level after studying for three months, Agapi was exceptional.

A whole language!

It would take most years to reach a level of proficiency to design an Academy Gem. Most after three months might be able be to make words float around in the air, but nothing beyond that.

"Will you be fine on your own?" I yelled in Agapi's direction.

He looked towards me, sweat dripping down his face and nodded, clearly too deep in concentration to give me a clear response.

Even after he finishes chanting the algorithm, the body scan would take a while.

"We'll make sure to bring you food three times a day! Hopefully...", I said to Agapi with a grin.

I began walking towards the exit of the dungeon to report to the headmaster.

                           * * * * *

~Sebastians' Point of Wiew~

I heard the door to my office open. In walked a smaller boy with fox ears.

"Sir! I'm here to report!" He said, impassioned.

"...yes, I can see that." I let out a sigh, exhaustion taking over me.

My attitude was hardly surprising. Recently, the Elven nation Uhye Dorei, had gone quiet. All humans were recently kicked out, and the information network went dark. Trade stopped, and elves within human territory suddenly disappeared.

I have way too much on my plate right now. I thought, gloomily.

"...Right. Agapi is currently creating his Academy Gem. His ability level is... kind of crazy? He's learned the language to proficiency within three months. Not even the best professionals have been capable of that.", Mathias reported, his excitement and desire to return to the dungeon shining through his thinly veiled calm demeanour.

This was easily the best news I had heard today. Agapi was the one variable within the Academy that we haven't been able to understand, or take hold of.

While we might not be able to control him, we can at least understand him. I thought.

"Very well. Your excitement is palpable, so I won't force you to stay any longer." I brushed my hand to the side and dismissed the fox-eared boy. He took a bow and left.

I glanced down at my Academy Gem, unique to the headmaster. Swiping through it, I could see every student's status. I opened Agapi's:

-----

Name: Agapi

Level: 78

Race: Vampire

~[Author's Note: Some of the skill names have been changed to make more sense]~

Abilities: Vampiric Hellflame(Second Stage), Aura(Medium), Dual Wielding(Adept), One-Handed(Proficient), Sharpshooter(Proficient), Speed Boost(Adept), Minimal Movement(Mastery), Observe, Physical Override

Magic: Weapon Formation, Mana Manipulation, Weakness Attack

Equipment: None

-----

"What the hell else are you hiding, Agapi?" I verbalized my thoughts.

Suddenly, the door to my office burst open.