Chapter 8!

Walking in, I noticed that I was staring at a large arena. There were seats meant for spectators, but they were all empty. Standing in the middle was a male instructor. He had pure black hair, and was wearing a white cloak. The cloak was extremely well made, and was lined at each seam with black fabric. Around the edges of the cloak was black fluff, although not too thick. Around his waist was a pair of black pants, and at the seams were white lines of fabric. He wore simple white boots that looked like they were made for combat. In his hand was a pure white rapier. The man looked to be in his twenties.

"My name is Alm. I will be testing your combat abilities," The man introduced himself. He smirked. "Show me your best."

"Alright. Is it fine for me to use magic blades?" I asked.

"As long as they don't set me on fire or anything I don't see any issues." He answered.

I quickly formed two magic blades. Both blades held at my side, I anticipated the beginning of the test.

"Oh? Two blades? That's a sword style that I've never seen before." Alm questioned. He seemed excited.

"I'll show it to you then." I grinned.

I didn't expect two-sword style to be unheard of in this world.

"Once you attack the test will begin." Alm instructed.

With a loud crack, I kicked forward at a frightening speed. Raising my right blade, I swung, and followed with my other blade. Relentlessly, I attacked, looking for an opening. As I attacked, Alm's eyes watched like a hawk. His eyes widened, and I sensed an intent to strike emanating from him. Alm's blade jabbed forward with unbelievable force. Raising my left sword, I parried his blade, watching it slide down my sword and into the ground, leaving Alm completely open. Preparing the sword I just blocked with, I swung with my other sword towards his open body. At lightning speed Alm managed to block it, at the same time leaving his unblocked side open for me to swing at.  Immediately I seized my opportunity to attack. I swung with the sword I had prepared. Stopping right before contact, I looked up at him.

"You pass." He said with a sigh. "Hopefully I'll be seeing you in my class."

"Maybe." I nodded. It would be fun to have a sparring partner like him.

"You can head towards the final test." Alm gestures towards a door.

"Thanks!" I replied. I could probably develop a good relationship with him.

Walking towards the door, I felt something like an ominous presence. However, because the school would protect me, I paid it no mind.

Opening the door, I was greeted with a blinding light. My eyes adjusted slowly. Looking forward, I could see an endless space, all of it pure white. Just ahead of me was a large tree, with a young man dressed in a simple black cloak. He was squatting on a tree branch. His hair was black, and his ethnical background seemed be from this world's version of Asia.

"Before you ask, no this is not your academics test. Welcome. My name is Nie Yong." The man's mouth drew into a sly grin.

A chill ran down my spine.

Where am I?