Prologue

"What if your reality was a dream, and your dream's your reality?"

The clouds hung over head, looking a dull grey color. Making the feeling of dread and insecurity hang in the air. My hair swirled around my head, as the wind pushed through the cemetery, somewhat like an angry mob of people on boxing day. The wind was cold, chilling me to the bone. In response I pulled my trench coat closer to me, trying to shield myself from the air. It was early in the morning, the sun just about to rise over the hills. This place was no longer an uninviting one, it seemed like home; as oddly as it sounds. It was no longer a place to run from at hours of darkness. It was a place I could bring myself to come too; and I wouldn't have the urdge to run.

I brought myself to my feet as the sounds of distant footsteps echoed in my ears. I finally looked up, taking in my surroundings. The aged grave yard was falling apart. The grave stones looked like the slightest touch would knock the heavy slabs of rock over. The years of pelting rain and blistering sun making them look worn out and tired. My eyes drifted to the beautiful, yet incredibly chilling stone angel that stood a few feet away, in the centre of the yard. It seemed like she was the keeper of this place, as if she watched over the lost souls that wandered the grounds at night.

A twig behind me snapped, and I knew he was behind me. Taking a quick glance back at him I smiled over my shoulder before looking back at the angel for a second. I turned around to face him as he hung back a few feet, giving me my privacy or space it seemed like. Yet, at this moment space was probably the last thing I wanted; especially from him. The sun was high in the sky now. The truth was time for me moved much faster now, no matter how badly I tried to keep track of it.

"You would think this place would frighten you," He said clearing his throat. I smiled at him, as he stepped forward a small smile creeping through his normally stone features. He smiled a sly grin before he spoke. "Then again, you do have this peticular manner about you."

"You should know by now, I'm not you're average girl." I chuckled, my eyes finding the sky. The purple clouds hung in the distance. I felt the bile rising in my throat, they were coming; and fast. "We should get going, now." I pressed. He nodded in agreement taking a quick glance at the sky. He held his hand out to me, taking a quick look back at the angel I said my silent goodbye, before grabbing his hand and walking out of the grounds with him.

"Are you ready?" He asked, his voice low. I looked at him and nodded, knowing there was no way I could ever be ready.