Chapter 1: Violet Eyes

"You're going to wake up. Because I want you to."

VIOLET EYES.

Those eyes, beautiful violet eyes; they haunted me. I took a deep breath, swallowing the lump that was forming in my throat. It was him again, no matter how much I wanted to admit he was trouble I couldn't stay away from him. The cold air bit into my clothes, making me shiver. I looked around and tried to find out where he had lead me this time. The walkway ended and I saw the boats filled the water front, swaying as the breeze rocked them in their slumber. The marina was the one place he always brought me ever so often. I could see him in the distance, his sillouetee in the shadows. There was a hum in the air, as the waves hit the shore line. It made me think back to the first night I met him, I glanced over to him. His back was turned to me as I watched him another voice filling the empty air.

"You aren't supposed to be here. You can't help her," said a male voice, clearly upset. The tone in his voice sent a chill down my spine, making me retreat into the stone walkway, hiding behind the wall. I heard footsteps approaching as I placed my back up against the wall, trying to become invisible.

"Why does it matter to you?" The boy with the violet eyes snarled. He was hidden in the shadows, both of them now standing at the mouth of the walkway. The stocky male looked at him, a creepy grin crossing his face. "Don't you even think about it, you have no right to be here!" That's when the guy turned to look at me, his bright grey eyes reaching mine. I felt my breath stop, catching my breath I tried to move but all I saw was a blur and the feeling like I had been punched in the head with a bowling ball. I felt myself slide down the wall as a rumble of voices erupted around me, making my head pound uncomfortably. I grimaced, reaching up to touch my forehead I winced. My hand was covered in blood, a wave of nausea hit me but I didn't have the time to actually throw up because I heard two pairs of footsteps heading my way.

"She's going to have to face it someday. You can't keep saving her damn it."

"It's not you're problem! Fuck!" He roared.

The voices were getting closer, I tried stumbling to my feet. My hand still at my head, trying to keep the blood from falling into my eye. The footsteps started picking up pace, coming closer. I turned on my heels and headed backwards down the walkway, hoping I could get out the same way I'd come. It only took me a few short moments to realize there was no way out this way. I was going to have to go back. "Damn it," I muttered, heading back down the walk way hoping that they were gone and I could get away before they noticed.

"Do what you want, but remember it doesn't change anything." Said a voice. I waited, and the foot steps retreated, walking back the other way. I saw this as my chance and ran for the entrance of the walkway and stopped dead in my tracks. The butterflies in my stomach started to flutter, there he was standing in the mouth of the walkway, his head cocked to the side watching me. He took two steps towards me, stopping, as a smile crossed his face.

"Hello," said a dark voice. I looked at him for a dumb founded moment. He had never spoken directly to me before. My heart jumped out of my mouth it felt like. There he stood, right in front of me, with a grin on his face that chilled me. He smiled for a moment and then it faded. "Are you afraid?" He asked darkly.

"What do you want?" I asked, my voice trembling.

He gave me a blank stare. "Something very special."

I trembled closing my eyes for a second. I swallowed. "Yeah?"

"Mhmm yeah,' His voice was at my ear now, making me shiver. I moved slowly, keeping my eyes closed. I was to scared to open then, slowly backing away from him. I heard him sigh, as his body moved away from mine. "I don't want to hurt you. Have we not been through this before?" I opened my eyes and took a deep breathing looking at him, he was at least two feet away from me now. His face was once again hidden in the shadows.

"You never said anything, I assumed." I admitted.

He said something I couldn't hear and then stepped a few feet closer. "I am not going to hurt you Dana."

I grimanced, and the funny thing was I knew he probably would never hurt me. Because if he wanted to I would already be dead. "I know, but I can't say the same for your," I struggled to find a word. "Uh, friend." I added, touching my forehead again, cursing at the sudden shoot of pain that went through my head.

"May I?" He asked moving a little closer to me. I nodded hesitantly, as he stepped toward me. He stopped when there was about two inches of space between the two of us. He smiled, brushing my hair out of my face. Pulling his hand away he looked at the blood on my forehead.  "Close your eyes," he added, touching my forehead again.

I obeyed. "Why?"

"You're going to wake up now." He whispered.

My heart stopped in my chest. My eyes flew open "Wait, will I--" but the last thing I remembered was him touching my face, because once I looked around he was already gone and I could hear the faint buzz of my alarm clock in the background. He was gone, at least for now. I jerked awake, sitting up in bed. "Ugh!" I grumbled, shoving my head back into the pillows.