Chapter 1: Territorial

Note: Here we go! The first chapter! Remember the terms and conditions please, and inbox me if you need to change anything! Not all of you will be in the first chapter, but you will be in the next one, I promise. In this chapter I will just try and introduce everyone first, so everyone knows who is in the story! :D

WEREWOLF

Tia/Snowfire's POV

Padding through the thick undergrowth, I creep slowly towards the prey. A small, young deer, grazing near a small pond that came alive with insects like dragonflies in the summer. The deer didn't seem fazed though, and it didn't seem to notice me creeping up on it either.

"Make sure you are downwind" the familiar voice rumbled in my brain, and I barely acknowledged it. I knew what I was doing. I'd been doing this for...weeks.

All it took was one spring of my paws and I soared through the air like a bullet, my jaw connecting with the deer's neck but not fastening on. In surprise, it hit the floor, struggling to get up, but at that moment I regain my balance, spin round and clamp my teeth on its head, ripping it quickly and, I would like to say cleanly, but judging by the amount of blood on my paws and muzzle, that wasn't a good description.

"Wrong, wrong, wrong. You're supposed to bite it, not knock it to the ground!" Lewis, the pack alpha sighs as he emerges from the bushes. I was new to the pack by only a few months, Lewis and Hannah's adopted daughter. Sort of. My old parents kicked me out when they found out I was an omega wolf-not many people wanted omegas. Turns out, thankfully, this pack welcomed them.

For now, I was the pack alpha's hunting apprentice. I wasn't very good at it...

"I still caught it!"" I grumble, ripping a bit of meat off the deer and chewing on it. It was stringy, and full of blood, but it tasted good. 

"The pack comes first, Tia. Bring it to our den" Lewis orders, the large, sleek black wolf turning round as it heads back the way we came. His wolf name was Xephos, but everyone just called him Lewis. I was Snowfire, because apparently, I had a fiery attitude and my coat was white with grey "smoke" patches. I didn't particularly like my wolf name, but others commented that it was cute.

Huffing under my breath, I grip the deer between my teeth, awkwardly dragging it along the forest floor. Lewis growled in irritation, padding round behind me to pick up the back of it, helping me carry it. 

Nearing the large den set in a large clearing in the woods, we pass some of the patrols, like Leafblade, a brown coloured wolf with black patches and hazel eyes, and Leafing Moonlit, whom I was good friends with. Not many people agreed with the fact that Moon was an omega and on patrol, since other patrols, such as Leafblade, were alphas. But Leafing, a light hazel brown wolf with emerald green eyes, was a strong and quick-footed wolf, and was respected by a lot of the pack. Nodding at the two, Leafing smiles, licking me in a greeting on the cheek.

"Hey Tia, nice deer you have there, did you catch that?" she asks, knowing I had only just started to hunt.

"Yep!" I reply in my head happily, though my limbs were beginning to ache with the effort of carrying this deer around, even with the alpha leader helping me. The two wolves bow as he passes and he simply nods, walking past. Leafing was good friends with Lewis, whereas Leafblade chose to stay to himself most of the time. 

"Xephos, Lomadia has started her heat cycle" Leafing thinks urgently, and Lewis promptly drops the deer on the floor, bounding quickly down the pathway into the busy-as-usual den. Groaning, I strain to pick the deer up myself and I hear the padding of paws as two more wolves approach me.