Chapter 6: The Attempted Assassination

Note: Longer chapter to make up for the missed update!

WEREWOLF

Silva's POV

Two days later, and the heat cycle had come to an end. Stretching, I sighed in ecstasy as the last of the pain faded away.

Simon lapped at my ears-we didn't know if Lewis had found out yet. As the alpha's second, Simon could only mate with an omega of his standard, so technically, we couldn't be together or it would result in punishment. 

"Let's go back" Simon murmurs.

"Will Lewis find out?" I ask hoarsely.

"I'm not sure...hopefully not" he sighs.

We had turned out pack mind link off as we had mated, so Lewis could not see what was happening.

"What will happen if...y'know?" I ask, purring as he rubs his nose along my cheek.

"I...I don't know" he mumbles, and I nod, following him as we trot out of the den.

It comes out of nowhere, a hand, strong and firm. It slams into my neck, pinning me to the ground, my nose in the dirt. 

"Let go!" I yell in my head, knowing that they would not hear me. Struggling to get up, I spot Simon doing nothing, and almost yell at him to help when I notice him rolling his eyes.

"Your reflexes need to be sharpened, Sil!" the familiar voice laughs. Scowling, I phase into my human form, spinning round.

"Shut up Luna!" I snap, checking to make sure the last bits of dirt were off me. She tilts her head, gazing at me in amusement, her icy blue eyes alight with amusement.

"Oh stop being so serious!" she giggles, shaking her long white hair as it flutters into her face with the wind. Another storm was brewing, even though we had only just had one, which wasn't a good sign. Some say it was a bad omen.

Simon phases, turning into the man we all recognized-a large dwarf with ginger hair and a ginger beard.

"You two are such children" he sighs, rolling his eyes. Simon didn't look like much-he wasn't very bright and was always rushing into things, and he had a horrible temper-last time he got angry, he lit his beard on fire so Lewis would take his side!

He was most known for blowing things up, digging holes in random places when he was bored, having an obsession with jaffa cakes and being the sticky glue that held the pack together. No one could stay unhappy with Simon around-he was a big ball of fun.

Pacing away from Silva, I fold my arms as a breeze picks up and I look down the steep ridge to the lake below-Fumble lake as it was often called. It was by far beautiful-a murky grey colour with swirls of brown, pond slime and lily pads dotting the edges. Dull grey fish swam near the shore, picking at dead insects, and small waves lapped at sharp looking pebbles on the edge. It was a last resort for food-in the winters, when the weather was harsh and the humans ran out of food, we would often help them by catching fish for them, and selling it to them in return for basic necessities like fresh water, bread and eggs, and other foods that were plentiful. That was a bonus for us in the winter-fluffy coats to stand harsh weathers, and a constant food source.

It was hard for us though-vampires would get so hungry that they would often sneak into our camp, kill one or two wolves before dragging their carcasses back to their den. Stories had been told around a campfire of the way the blood suckers fell upon the cavaders in a mad frenzy like piranhas ripping apart a chunk of meat, and some would kill each other just to taste the blood.