unhappy visit

Barney's pov

I Grabbed the grocery's and left the supermarket, it was a chilly day but not too chilly that i could get sick from it because i didn't have a jacket. I texted Red to tell him i was on my way home and if he wanted me to get dinner. 

B: "Hey babe, do you want me to pick up dinner or do you want me to cook?"

R: "Hey! Yeah take out is fine...I need to tell you something. It's about Max."

B: "What about Max? Is he okay?"

R: "He's fine, he's with me now. He needed a place to stay for awhile." 

B: "Red...It takes hours for him to get here from Washington! How long did you know about this?" 

R: "Like an hour ago...I'm sorry i should've told you when i first found out, but I already told him he could stay."

I didn't reply, i'm almost home anyways. We can talk it out when i get there. Why did it have to be Max? Out of all people, Max! Wasn't Red worried about me and Max being together in the same house? He seemed kind of cool with him staying.

I arrived home with Chinese take out, as i walked in the house i saw Red sleeping on the couch and Max sitting at the island table in the kitchen. I didn't make eye contact with him, i just sat the food on the island table and sat at the normal dinner table where my laptop was. I opened it up and started up Roomscape. "Grab whatever you want for the bag Max, Red wont wake up until later tonight or tomorrow." I said without evening giving him a glance. Max cleared his throat like he was trying to grab my attention but i didn't look up. "Plates are in the cabinet on the far right and there are forks, spoons, and napkins in the bag." I said bluntly. I herd the chair move back as Max walked to the cabinet where the plates were. "Barney...im sorry i didn't text back. I know i should've tex-" "How are you and Ross?" I asked, cutting him off. "H-Hes fine...Hows you and Red?" 

"Hes great. Hes happier, and so am I. This is my dream home." I said still glued to my screen. "Jesus John! At least look at me! Just a glance or something!" Max said as he placed the plate down loudly. "Well maybe if you looked at me like Red looks at me, then maybe you would be worth looking at! Oh wait! You cant because you were too busy looking at Ross!" I said as i got up from my seat and glared at Max. Red groaned and turned around on the house. "Ill be right back, im going to put him in bed." I said while staring at Red. I walked over to the couch and brought Red to our bedroom.

Max's pov

As Barney walked back into the i sighed and tried to gather what i was going to say next. "Barney im sorry i just budge in like this but we are all in danger and i need you and Reds help." Barney looked at me in shocked. "Is it about the book?" Barney asked. I nod. "How did you know-" Barney ran into the other room and came back with a Big, old, torn leather book that had dust on it. "Thats the one! But how do you have it? The book was lost when the city was destroyed." Barney smiled and looked at the book. "If i can come back from the dead then i can have ways to get a simple book.