Sailing North

I'm going to try to update once every week, let's hope I'll remember it.
Thanks to bookaddict15118 for voting in my previous chapter. It's very important to me to know someone likes what I'm writing.

~^~^~

Aedion could still hear Lysandra's words: I serve her. He could still see the shirt and the blood on the ground. His Queen's blood.

He could still hear Rowan's cry, thought he was far away, searching for her. As he should be too, instead of sailing back to Terrasen as he was now doing.

Lysandra, now Aelin, was standing beside him in their boat, while prince Galan and his legion followed them. Enda and Ansel sailed beside them along with the Whitethorns and Rolfe's men. An entire fleet of men and women from everywhere.

Aedion had asked her for an army, and she had given him one.

The Thirteen were off searching for Crochans and took Elide with them, leaving a grumpy Lorcan behind.

All this weeks Aedion could not forgive him. How was he capable of doing that to Aelin? And his father... Both of them had suffered when Maeve had broken the blood oaths.

But Gavriel was willing to fight alongside them. Lorcan... Aedion could not bring himself to trust him ever again.

His cousin and queen was imprisoned by Maeve because of him. And she had known it. She knew what Lorcan was planning. And still, she had let it happen.

Aelin and her god-damned stupid plans. If she had talked to him, asked for his counsel, he could've helped to find another way, though there appeared to be none.

He heard something. Wings and...

"There are ruks flying this way." Gavriel warned.

Ruks? What in the hell was that? But as he turned around he saw them.

Aedion was about to order to attack when he realised who was riding those massive birds. Nesryn and many other people. All from the southern continent.

They had found help.

Behind them was a ship. And another and another. An entire fleet of soldiers, prepared for battle.

One ship approached his own. Chaol was standing in the front with a woman Aedion did not know.

He was standing on his own two legs, and, even from a distance, he could see Chaol was not the same that had left Rifthold months ago.

There was love and hope in his golden-brown eyes as they met Aedion's. And he smiled.

Aedion did not smile back. There was no hope in him. Not while his queen was tortured wherever Maeve had lead her.

Chaol stoped smiling. The woman beside him turned away and sat on a golden couch behind them, in the main deck.

Who in hell was the stupid soul that had the idea of bringing a couch to war?

Their ship was now almost touching his own. Chaol's eyes moved around, looking for someone. Maybe Aelin. Lysandra was inside the cabin, probably preparing herself. He didn't care.

"Aedion," Chaol greeted him.

"Chaol," He merely replied.

The young woman was now again at his side.

Aedion's eyes drifted between them and their rings.

"This is Yrene, my healer and wife. Yrene, this is Aedion Ashryver, cousin to Aelin Ashryver Galathynius. Also known as the Wolf of the North."