Prologue.

I was going for my usual morning jog around the neighborhood. It was a normal morning, dark clouds filled the sky as the cool breeze blew my loose strands of hair away from my face. I was running just around the corner of the street when I started to hear a dog's barking. I was a sucker for animals, dogs especially, so I couldn't help but go to help it.

"You again, eh, Shadow?" I giggled. Shadow was a stray dog that I had rescued, also when I was on my morning jog. I had sent him to an animal shelter, but he would always run away every now and then in search for me. That's where his name Shadow came from. When he ran away, he'd follow me around; just like a shadow. I always wanted to adopt him, but my parents said I had to earn my own money.

"Well you gotta wait another month or so, little fella. I'm close to having enough money to adopt you."

I sat on the pavement, playing with him but he wouldn't stop barking.

"What is it, Shadow?" I asked. He ran off, not too far, and barked at me, as if he wanted me to follow him.

"Hello there," I heard someone say. It was a male's voice and Shadow's barking stopped.

"Is he yours?" He asked. He was about my age, 15. He had shaggy hair, beautiful green eyes and an adorable face. I saw him every now and then in the neighborhood, but I heard he went to Sylvia Young's Theatre School in London.

"You're Psycho Nathan," I said. Idiot!

"No offense," I quickly covered up. "I just.. My friends... you're the kid who travels for 2 hours just to get to school in London. Nathan Sykes. Right?"

"The very one," he chuckled.

"Look, I'm sorry, I don't judge, I didn't mean to call you Psych--"

"It's cool," he laughed. "So the dog. Is he yours?"

"Ah, no. I wish though. My parents won't pay to get him adopted, so I've been saving up to adopt him myself."

"That's cool," he said, looking deep into my eyes.

"I, uhh.. Should get him back to the shelter. C'mon, Shadow," I said and walked away.

"Hey, you got my name, but I didn't get yours."

"I'm Eleanor Turner," I smiled and chased after Shadow who got a head start.