Part 3: The Start of Something New

"So call me, maybe?" I heard Gen tease at the end of our shift.

"Ha-ha." I said sarcastically.

"Seriously though, call the lad." She insisted.

"He's probably busy, I'll text him tonight."

"I can't believe though," Gen said as we got into her car. "That I served Jay McGuiness. Ohhh, I was such a nervous wreck."

"You were adorable." I chuckled.

"Shut up! What if he thinks I'm a weirdo? Or that I can't chat up guys. I was supposed to give him a good imp--"

"Genevieve!" I cut her off. "All you did was serve him coffee. I don't think you needed to make much of an impression. Besides, he'd probably ask Nath about you."

"Is that supposed to make me feel better?" She asked sarcastically.

I stared at the napkin that Nathan had written his number on when we got home. It seemed to take me forever to come to the decision on what to do with it.

"Hey, Nath :) you busy?" I texted him, although I didn't have a clue on where the conversation was going to go.

"Funny, I was just about to text you! Hah. No, I'm not busy at all. Up for a little chat? :)"\

"Sure ;) what're you up to now?"

The conversation lasted longer than I had expected. We texted until the wee hours of the morning, when he told me he lost track of time - making me realize the same - and that he had to go to bed because he had an early morning the next day.

"Hey! Wanna go out for lunch with me and the boys today? :) xxx" Nathan texted me a week later. I knew they were going off to America soon and I wanted to spend some time with them, so I agreed, on the condition that Gen could come along too.

"So you three all grew up in the same neighborhood in Gloucester?" Max asked.

"Yeah," Gen replied.

"Is everything and everyone there as slow as this sloth?" Tom teased, pointing to Nathan.

"Honestly? I think yeah, pretty much." I said.

"And you've never spoken to her?" Siva asked Nathan, gesturing toward me.

"Well, we ran into each other once." Nathan started. "Thanks to a little puppy."

"Awwwww," Jay teased and we laughed along with him.

"Well, have a safe trip to America, you guys." I said before hugging the boys goodbye.

"Get us nice souvenirs!" Gen said.

"I'm sorry about her," I chuckled. "She kinda means it, but you don't have to get us anything."

"He probably will though," Siva winked at me, talking about Nathan.

My phone was silent the whole time The Wanted were in America as Nathan was always busy; but I totally understood.

"eleanorturner: Happy birthday, @NathanTheWanted! Even Shadow's excited! x" I tweeted, along with a photo of Shadow with a party hat Gen had put on his head.

"NathanTheWanted: @eleanorturner aw, how cute!! We'll be back soon, don't be surprised if Shadow goes mental again ;) x"

I heard they were going to the Playboy Mansion in Las Vegas for Nathan's birthday, and the thought of him surrounded by those models made me feel funny inside. I told Gen about it and she laughed it off saying, "You're just jealous, babe. A little insecure even. Possessive too."

"What do you mean?"

"You're jealous that all those girls are with him on his birthday, you want to be there with him. You're insecure, because you think they're all attractive and what he would consider 'fit' and you feel like you're not good enough. Possessive because of the jealousy. He isn't even yours, you don't have the right to be jealous."

"Cheer up, babe. You'll see him soon enough," Gen added.

Trust Gen to be the harsh kind of honest with you.

It's one of the things I love about Genevieve. She would give you her honest opinion when you wanted it, ruthless with your emotions; sparing none of them. It's the kind of honest I liked. I hated when people sugar coated and hid things from me just to keep me from being upset.