Chapter 2: Of all places to choose

"Now I want an explanation," Batman said.

He was standing inside the huge cave, which was once a base of Justice League. It was compromised and wasn't used for a long time. Until now. The idea was hiding in the plain sight, or as Robin said: 'They don't know that we know that they know'. After their small 'adventure', the adults, including their mentors, let them be in one team. It included Aqualad, Kid Flash, Robin, Superboy and Miss Martian, or M'gann, or Megan. As her name said, she was a martian, the niece of Martian Manhunter, to be exact.

"He briefly mentioned that his name is Daniel Phantom," Kaldur said.

"I doubt it's his real name, though," Kid Flash added.

"The first strange thing was that he didn't seem to know anything about the League or heroes here at all," Batman nodded, which meant 'continue'.

"He was searching for something in Cadmus," that especially picked Dark Knight's interest.

"Maybe that was Nucleoacid solution," Robin said, "they were interested in that topic," he shrugged.

"They?"

"Oh, yeah," KF said, "forgot to tell you. There was a girl with him. When we ran from Cadmus, she has gone somewhere..."

"They found what they were searching for," Superboy blurted, "he said that she has returned home," he explained after getting looks from the others.

"But why would they need it?" Megan asked.

"Maybe they wanted to make another clone..." Wally started.

"There is a possibility," Batman admitted, "Any abilities?"

"The girl, Sam, she said that she couldn't use her main ability," Robin told, "she used telekinesis, though. Phantom...he seems like a mix of Superman and Manhunter. He flies, has super strength, shoots with ice and laser beams, density shifting, telekinesis, creates green constructions like Green Lantern," number sure was very impressive, and concerning. Little did they know it's not all.

"I'm going to search for that 'Phantom'," Batman said, "You are dismissed"

-Later-

"Guys, I'm home!" Danny shouted, closing the door behind him.

It was an apartment building. Not so big, but not small either. Two bedrooms, a bathroom, full kitchen and big living room. Danny took off his shoes, when he heard girl's shout.

"Dad!"

A twelve years old girl ran to him and gave Danny a huge hug. She had black hair and icy blue eyes, just like her father in human form. The girl was wearing a blue hoodie and red pants and was currently jumping in joy. Danny chuckled.

"Hey, Dani, how are you?" He stroked her hair.

"I feel better, Mom gave something to me. It was gross," she grimaced.

"Well, sometimes medicine tastes like that," Sam said, coming out of the living room, smiling softly at the sight of father and daughter. She was wearing black and purple clothes, her eyes remained the same, since she couldn't change forms like the rest of their small family, "By the way, Danny, there must be sunny weather at the weekend, so I thought, maybe we will go to the park?"

"Pleaaase, Daddy!" Dani made puppy eyes, which she certainly inherited from her father. And now this weapon was used against him. She may look twelve but on the inside she is still three years old little girl.

"Alright, we should celebrate your recovery, after all," Dani beamed at him and hugged tighter. If Danny wasn't already half way there, he would be dead.