Chapter 5: Memories

It was a normal day in Metropolis, people were hurrying to get to their jobs and schools. Suddenly the suspender cables snapped and all hell broke loose. Cars started to crash into each other. And, as cliché orders, the bus swiveled to the side after being hit by a corvette and started to fall from the edge. As was said, a normal day.

Superman flew under the bridge and held it. He then started to meld the ripped parts together, using his heat vision.

Superboy landed on the ground with a crashing sound, breaking Superman's concentration. He grabbed a car from the side and carried it to the center of the road. Meanwhile the school bus was ready to fall over edge, so younger Kryptonian attempted to pull it back. However when he tried, Superman beated him to it.

Getting up from his butt, Superboy walked to his original.

"I had that," he said in his defense.

"I didn't want to take the chances. As it is, your landing could have destabilize the entire bridge," Superman informed.

"It didn't"

"But it could have. We don't know yet the limits of your powers," Superman said sternly.

Superboy looked away, "Well, maybe...You could, you know, help me figure that out"

"Batman's got that covered," Superman's com beeped.

"I know, but..."

"Superman...wait, Arrow, slow down. What's attacking? No, I'm definitely available," Superman said, totally ignoring Superboy's abandoned look, "Coordinates? Acknowledged, I'm on my way," he looked back at his clone.

"Sorry, Super...boy. Duty calls," with that Superman flew away. Superboy looked sad, before sadness was replaced with anger. Suddenly he heard a coughing sound behind. Superboy turned around and saw Phantom himself standing behind with a sad smile on his face. He was wearing the sunglasses.

"He is being a fruitloop, isn't he?" Everything Superboy did was nod, "care for a walk? I'd like to discuss about something"

-Later-

"Why are you here?" Superboy asked as he and Phantom found a safe place to talk, namely warehouse. Danny took of his hood.

"Preciously to talk about your relationship with Big Blue"

"There is nothing to talk about," he answered with crossed hands. White haired teen chuckled.

"You would be surprised how wrong you are"

"Well then, what do you want to say, keep your chin up and get over it?!" Superboy shouted. Danny leaned back on a crate nearby, calm as stone.

"Hm, nope, it will be pointless. But you still better calm down"

"Calm down?! What if I don't want to calm down?!" He hit the nearest crate and punched a hole in it.

"Jeez, someone paid money for this shipment. Look, Superboy, being angry like that wouldn't get you anywhere. It will doom your team one of those days. I can't allow that"

"And what are you going to do, fight me?" Phantom smirked.

"If I did, it would be a beating, not a fight"

It seemed to struck the point. Superboy attacked, without noticing that the smirk became wider. Danny didn't have bones of steel, so blocking the angered Kryptonian's punch with the face would be a no go. So he merely sidestepped and another innocent crate was hurt.

"Oops, I think you should apologize to it," Danny said.

Superboy threw another punch with the roar, but Phantom just became intangible.