Chapter 6- Impatience is Never Rewarded

Of course no one knew what Golden Freddy had done. He never told anyone, and if someone ventured just a little bit too close to the door, he'd snap at them. I honestly thought he'd feel proud of containing Springtrap, but he seemed...different about it. Almost scared. Perhaps he had realized that if that nightmarish creature ever managed to escape, that he'd go after the one who contained him? Revenge is funny like that; singling out one target while ignoring the others who plagued you. 

Spring Bonnie was like a cat trying desperately to investigate something it was curious about. He would prowl near the door, waiting for an opportunity to go into the basement, but Golden Freddy was vigilant. As long as he was there, no one could go down there. But I could. 

I slipped past the yellow bear and brushed my fingers against the doorknob. I opened it as quietly as I could as to not alarm him, because I was more curious than desperate right now. The door opened without a noise for once, and I crept inside the basement, carefully shutting it behind me. Springtrap was exceptionally audible tonight; he was letting out snarls and growls at each little thing. It was expected of him, though, to be so angry. 

I carefully stepped down each metal step, not wanting to fall down them. I, of course, haven't done that before, but I wasn't about to let it happen for once in my life. At least if I did, there'd be no one to see my foolishness.

When my foot left the last step, my attention went from the stairs to Springtrap. He was where I had left him, but I knew what was wrong immediately. The chains that Golden Freddy had brought down were fused to the metal between his wrists, as if they were there originally. There were small holes in the walls where the chains were stuck into, where I assumed Golden Freddy came up with a way to hold them in place in case this beast thrashed and moved about. But having metal welded to bodily metal...it was similar in the aspect of having the chains welded to human flesh. Painful to even try to tear out. I also noticed that there was a chain on the back of Springtrap's neck, and unsurprisingly, was melted onto it as well and stuck out of the wall. He was still snarling, but his expression was pained every time he moved. What astonished me more than the sight was that Golden Freddy had done this. The robots' leader. The one who was supposed to lead them with a gentle heart and an intelligent mind. 

Springtrap eventually stopped struggling and making animalistic noises, before letting one more out. It sounded similar to a growling cat, but much deeper...and I realized that it was a moan. He was done. He was beginning to give up on anything and let everything go at him. He was finished with existing. 

I slowly approached him and inspected the chains as they went into the walls. There was a chunk of something in each one to hold the tethers in place, and keep them in there. I looked in a little further and saw that Golden Freddy had made pockets in the walls, and placed in melted metal. He could do all this with just a mediocre blowtorch? 

The melted steel was used as a sort of cork. The hole in which the chain went into, which was also infused in the metal, was too small for the chunk to get out, thus restricting the chains from leaving. The only way Springtrap could break out is if he managed to break the walls. But these were quite a few inches thick...Golden Freddy must've used a tool to carve his way through. This bear was more torturous than anything I've ever seen, besides the Nightmarionne. When Springtrap suddenly moved, I jerked away and stared at him. His head was resting on his shoulder as best as it could, and he had this sad look in his eyes...almost like a dog you find that was caged and doesn't care if it's released or not. It just wants to be alone.

I stared down at Springtrap before turning and leaving. I knew this wasn't right, but what could I do? I wasn't able to do anything to help. And besides, although I felt bad for Springtrap, I wouldn't care even if he was dying. He was the last animatronic on my mind.