Chapter 4- I Need Answers

Plans and theories erupted from my mind and caused me to become even more curious and yet...a bit more bold than I usually was. How could he see me?! If he could, how come no one else could, and what's the reason behind that?! I paced back and forth in the basement in front of Springtrap, and yet he didn't see me or inquire me as to what I was doing.

"He must've done something to be able to see me...maybe he had some sort of training? His senses are more heightened than others?" I asked the decayed monster in front of me, but of course, Springtrap was deaf to my voice. I frowned, getting frustrated that there was no one to help me come up with a solution as to why Nightmare was able to see, and talk to me. 

I slumped down to my knees, wanting to give up, but the pure desire to have another conversation kept me going. I looked at my hands, stared at my fingers and flexed them. It fascinated me to know that such a complex being could be hidden from the eyes of so many. Not even humans would be able to comprehend what was always watching them.

I then fell over onto my back, staring up at the black ceiling. Springtrap let out a snore (he was asleep, and he tends to be a loud sleeper) that brought me back to my senses. I gave a forlorn sigh and sat back up, wringing my fingers and racking my mind for answers. But it was beyond me as to how he could see me...and I bet it was beyond anyone else. I knew Nightmare would return soon. He couldn't be out there, alone forever...he was built to be with others. I knew that I would just have to bide my time until he came again, and then when he was alone, I would bombard him with questions. 

Yes, that's what I would do. Nightmare wouldn't be able to hurt me, either. I've never really gotten hurt like he has, to be honest...I would never know what it would be like to lose so many that were dear to me. But there's no one dear to me. I'm alone, and that's the reason I'm searching for a way to get people to notice me. 

The door to the basement suddenly opened up and the Marionette stood there, beginning to descend the steps quietly. I had no idea what he was up to, he was definitely a curious sort of person. The sleek, black puppet approached Springtrap ever so quietly, and dared to get close enough to the monster's maw. He tilted his head to the side, as if inspecting the creature. What on earth was that puppet up to? Why was he watching Springtrap in such...an unsettling way? It wasn't uncommon for an animatronic to be so awkward, but it was uncommon for them to watch each other without an intention. 

The Marionette started to lift his hand, his fingers becoming outstretched. He was about to touch Springtrap's face, I KNEW he was. The murderer seemed to be in deep sleep, though, so maybe he could get away with it...

The puppet placed his fingers on Springtrap's cheek, and drew them away quickly when the Nightmare flinched. He started to show signs of waking up, and the Marionette hurried out of there, rushing up the steps and out the door, shutting it behind him. The rabbit animatronic opened his eyes and yawned, and then scratched his neck, looking around. He sniffed a bit and huffed as well, before getting comfortable to fall back asleep. I approached him, wondering what this creature's own body felt. I extended my own hand and gently tapped his face. He didn't flinch, but blinked a little. I tried to wonder what he felt. Was it a breeze? Actual tapping, just fainter? Again, more questions than before that plagued my mind.  

His texture wasn't the best I've ever felt; it was like touching rough cloth. I touched the tips of his teeth, feeling the sharpness of them, and I felt his claws. They were exactly like the teeth; cold and sharp. Or like his eyes in that manner. I stared at the deformity on his ankle. I wrapped my own hand around it, and imagined the pain he would've felt. He felt uncomfortable however, and I had to take my hand off as he drew his leg back. It was so fascinating to feel his texture, and it made me wonder why I hadn't done this before.