Chapter 3

I looked at my doll curiously,put it into my backpack slowly and leaned for the book.I dashed to the counter to check out the book,and the librarian had given me a funny look and just scanned the book.I hurried out the door and headed for school.

              At school,i read my book during my English class.As my teacher was walking by me,he stared at my book.

         “It’s a Voodoo book..”I explained

         “Well that’s interesting;don’t make any voodoo dolls.”He joked

              As he walked away I had didn’t put the book down.I took a quick second to look around the classroom. I had seen Jasper walking over to the empty desk right next to me.I was thinking;since my birthday was coming up,maybe I can ask him to come to my party.Everyone was talking and I was a very shy person.I finally opened my mouth and tapped on Jasper’s shoulder.

          “Jasper?”I asked in a sweet nervous voice.

          “Um,yes?”he had this expression on his face that looked like he was...terrified.

          “Well my birthday is coming up,and I was wondering if you wan-” He stopped me and chuckled.

          “I’m sorry but um....Kim’s birthday is in 3 days also...and...”He cornered his eye.Kim’s birthday was 3 months ago.

           “Oh,OK,i understand.”

                The school bell had rung right after that moment.I dashed home with tears on my face.When i got home i reached for his doll that was in my closet.I drew a target right on his forehead and realized that I had a nail in my hand.I hammered that doll onto my wall and held a needle tightly.I threw the needle and it landed perfectly on his arm.I waited a couple minutes and I heard an ambulance pass by.That very night i didn't sleep;all I did was cry.

             I woke up at 5 and watched the sunrise slowly up into the sky.Right when the sun hit my eyes;I was blinded for a second.I looked at the Jasper doll;still hanging on my wall.I jumped onto my bed and reached for it.I pulled the nail out of his head and got my sewing kit. I sewed the ripped cotton from his arm.I threw the doll into the box and hid the box in my closet again.As I was walking down the stairs i heard my maid scream.I quickly walked faster and saw my maid with tears and a paralyzed face.In her hand was a doll.I grasped the doll from her looked at it.It looked just like my butler.