Chapter 4

“What happened?!?!” I questioned loudly.

                 “I saw this doll and accidentally dropped it,then i saw your butler on the floor with blood everywhere.I think he is dead!”

                 “Calm down.Where is he?”

                 “He is in the kitchen on the floor.”

               I walked slowly to the kitchen and took a quick glance at him.I closed my eyes to stop the tears but couldn’t help it.I never liked to look at dead people after seeing my parents dead.I checked for his pulse but felt nothing.I trotted to my room and put the doll into the box.I reached for my phone to call 911.

              My maid and I waited in the waiting room for the results of my butler.The doctor had came to us slowly with his head down.I looked straight him and he said that we should go home,and that he is gone.As we went home I was wondering if there was anymore dolls.I crossed my house and went straight for the backyard because I didn't have a key.My maid was right behind me.When we entered the house,the stench was horrible.We had to plug our nose to get to our rooms.My maid cleaned the blood.While she was cleaning I looked for another doll.I as thinking..if there is a Butler doll then there has to be one of my maid.I sneaked into her room and looked everywhere.I couldn’t find anything.I searched everywhere but found nothing.I didn’t want to lose my maid because she was the only one I had and she was the only one that could take care of me.After all that work i had fallen asleep on the floor of my room.I stayed in my room with all night.I could here my maid crying.My heart was beating so fast,that i was able to hear it.The tears welled up in my eyes.My legs were shaking.And my stomach had pains.

             I woke up Monday morning to get ready for school.I quickly ate breakfast and hugged my maid goodbye.I turned around slowly and her face...her eyes were bloodshot..she looked just so heart broken.I looked away and headed for the door.

             As i walked to school,I was thinking about Jasper.I had never forgiven myself that night.I hurried to the front of the school,opened the door slowly,and took small steps in.I hadn’t noticed but tears were running down my face.I wiped them quickly and searched for Jasper.As usual,everyone was crowded around Jasper because of his arm.I ignored them and tip toed to my locker.When i opened my locker,a note had fallen out.I unfolded the paper and read:

               Dear Marceline,

                           I am sorry about saying no to your invitation for your birthday this Saturday.I would like to go but people will think I’m weird or something.No offense. Maybe I can meet you somewhere after school.Write a note back and put it in locker #387

                         __Jasper

              I was so confused.I took a quick glance at him and he was staring at me.I looked back down at the letter and shoved it into my backpack.I started to walk to class and saw Mikaela coming to me with a grin on her face.I sped up.