Chapter 27

It was Bestellarius, ruler of heaven, sitting on a chair motionless. I had seen pictures of him before but they didn't prepare me for his striking beauty. His skin was a rich bronze. He had cat-like, army green eyes. To accompany all of that he had a shiny black hair put in a man bun. He emitted an aura confidence and power which made him even more attractive.

"Don't just stare at me, come in. Close the door behind you." Bestellarius demanded in a deep voice.

I did what he asked as I gazed at his perfectly symmetrical face. It that very moment I forgot that Gabriel was in the room. I was so entranced by his captivating looks, I worried for my mental health.

"Stop drooling over him, the guy is an ancient killer for goodness sakes!" I scolded myself.

Gabriel squeezed my tender hand. That miraculously helped me regain some sense.

"Where is Celeste?" Gabriel asked.

Bestellarius chuckled, "Don't worry your pretty little head about that. Let's say she got what she deserved."

I furrowed my eyebrows out of confusion, "Got what she deserved? What do you mean by that?"

He smiled evilly, "Snitches get stitches, but dear old Celeste didn't get a stitch. She is going to be tortured until the dawn of time. Spirits get hurt but spirits don't die. When I am through with her she would plead for the sweet taste of death, but it will never happen. I hate traitors."

"I can see that," Gabriel muttered under his breath.

Bestellarius shot him a dirty glare. "What business did you have with Celeste anyway?"

"Ugh, um, um, I, um" I struggled to come up with coherent words. I was shocked learning about Celeste's severe punishment. It sounded absolutely terrible. I knew that I should probably feel some happiness that she was paying for all that she did, but I couldn't. To me finding joy in someone's downfall wasn't right.

Bestellarius cleared his throat, "Listen if you are going to stutter like that then maybe you should keep your trap shut. Let the men talk."

"Don't you dare talk to her like that! Have some respect!" Gabriel shouted with a fiery passion.

Bestellarius laughed uncontrollably, "Please, I can talk to her in any manner that I wish."

I stared at him directly in the eyes, "Just because you are a God doesn't mean you are better than me or anyone else. You should learn to be humble. Pride always comes before the fall."

Bestellarius nearly choked, "Is that a threat? I don't well with threats."

"I don't do well with sexist, pompous jerks but here we are," I replied smirking.

He cocked one eyebrow, "Is that so? I could make your existence miserable if I wanted to. I have to say chosen one, you are a lot sassier than I thought you would be. While it was great to have this lovely chat it is time for you to be going. Heaven is my kingdom and no one is going to take it away from me." He said in a thunderous voice.

Gabriel grabbed my arm and we inched towards the exit. "Nice to meet you but we have to go." He said as we flew out the door.

Bestellarius leaped out of his chair, "Not so fast! You both are a problem that needs to be taken care of."

We bolted down the grand hallway with Bestellarius trailing behind us. We moved so swiftly we lost, or so I thought. When we came here to blackmail Celeste I never would have thought we would be chased after by the ruler of heaven. Since plan a decimated it was time for plan b. Find the cup and get the hell out of there.

"Let's look for that cup!" I said to Gabriel

He nodded his head and pulled me into an empty room. "Where... do... you... think... it... is?"

He asked struggling to breathe.

I shrugged, "I have no idea. It has to be somewhere. My guess is that it is in some place that doesn't get a lot of traffic."

"Like... the jail cell where Celeste held us?" He suggested.

I broke out in a smile. "Exactly! We just have to figure out where that is. You still have the half of the cup right?"

He sucked in a gulp of air, "Yep."

I peeped out the hallway to see if anyone was there. Several people passed by so we crept out with the utmost caution. We walked in search of something that may lead us to the dungeon.

Time was running out. Bestellarius was still after us and we didn't have the cup. I seriously considered asking someone where the prison was. Luckily I didn't have to resort to that because we found it. There was a sign above a door label "Prison" in bold letters.

The door squeaked open as we slipped through. We nearly fell down the long, winding staircase because it was so close to where we entered. The room was dark and smelt damp. Water dripped down slowly creating a soothing melody. 

At the bottom of the steps, there were about five jail cells. I thought they were empty until I heard someone scream out "Help me, help me, please!"

The voice sounded extremely familiar, I knew exactly who it was.

A/N: So who do you think is in the prison. At the beginning of the chapter is Avan Jogia, who I kind of imagined as Bestellarius. Pardon the eye difference.