Come again (part 2)

I really felt bad about how rude I was to that girl. Maybe she'll be there again today. This time ima Came prepared. Before walking in I looked up a bunch of sign language words.

I walked in looking around until I saw her at a table with the same thing she got yesterday and reading a book. I took in a deep breath before unlocking my phone and going over to her.

I pulled a chair out and sat down she looked up and gave me a very small smile and continued reading like I wasn't there. I sighed looking at my phone. I tapped her shoulder before trying to do the signs.

"I'm sorry" I said while doing the signs.she sat with straight face before busting out in laughter. I wanted be irritated because I was doing my best and she's laughing at me but her laugh was so cute it kind of made me want to laugh.

I honestly thought deaf people just made no noises at all but I guess I was wrong. She put up a finger telling me to hold on. She pulled her phone out and typing something before heading it to me.

'What are you doing?! 😂' I looked up at her squinting my eyes making her laugh some more.

'Trying to tell you sorry about what happened yesterday' I handed the phone back to her and watched her read it. She typed and handed it back.

'It's okay you obviously didn't know' she handed back. I looked up at her.

'Can I ask you a question?' She looked at me before nodding her head.

'Are you completely deaf?'  I typed and handed her the phone back. She looked up nodding again and started typing. 'If you talk slow I can read your lips' I looked up at her.

"Really?" She nodded chuckling. I smiled. Things started to calm down and got silent and awkward.

"Want to hang out sometime?" She put her head down. I put my finger under her chin lifting it back up and she shook her head no.

"Why not?" She looked at me for a moment before  starting to get her things. I grabbed her arm stopping her. "Can I have your number?"

She handed me her phone and I put my name in as "Nicki" and saved it and handed it back.She continued packing her stuff up and left. I sighed and ordered my usual and left.

Later that night.

Beys POV

I went to Nicki's contact opening the message.I don't know if I actually want to text her. I mean I do, but I don't.

"Wassup Nicki." Nahh that's to.. friendly.

"Hey Nicki" I don't know. Maybe I shouldn't say her name.

"Hey it's Beyonce." Dang she probably didn't know my name. Ughh

"Hey Nicki. It's Beyonce." Yeah.

I sat my my phone down waiting. My cat walked by rubbing against my legs. I picked her up stroking her and continued to watch TV.

Nicki's POV

Ding

I picked up my phone seeing a text .

212-364-1937: Hey Nicki it's Beyonce.

She really texted me?

Nicki 🙂💛: Hey Wassup?

Beyonce 🤤: Nothing just wanted to say thank you for apologizing. Most people don't these days.

Nicki 🙂💛: No problem. Soooo what's up with hanging out sometimes?

Beyonce 🤤: I can't... I'm sorry.

Nicki 🙂💛: And why not?

Beyonce 🤤: Because no one wants to be hanging with someone who can't hear and doesn't speak.

Nicki 🤤: I do. Let me take you out, I promise it'll be fun!

Beyonce 🤤: Um... Sure when?

Nicki 🙂💛: Saturday. Send me your address and ill pick you up.

Beyonce 🤤: okay then. See you Saturday.

Nicki 🙂💛: alright then. Good night

Beyonce 🤤: Good night