Almost Christmas

22 days till Christmas..

"Come on Nicki!"

"I told you I'm not going Mommy!" My room door swung open revealing my mama in her church clothes.

"Baby you haven't been home in 3 years! The least you can do is come to church with us." She said with pleading eyes.

I huffed getting up "fine but this is the last time!"

"Thank you baby! Now find a skirt below your knees or wear jeans. No shirts that's gonna show cleavage, No hoop earrings and NONE OF THEM HOOCHIE MAMA HEELS! You got 10 minutes!" She yelled leaving my room.

"Alright mommy" I sighed walking into my closet..

•••••••••••••••••

"Wade in the water.. WADE IN THE WATER CHILDREN, WADE IN THE WATER God's gonna trouble the water.."

"Damn ma who that?" I asked whispering in my moms ear. " Nicki! How dare you!" She lowly yelled in shock and popped me on my arm.

"Dang Sorry " I said rubbing where she hit me at. " Don't let it happen again but if you must know that's Beyonce Knowles. She has an voice of and angel and the face to Match."

"So what's up with her? Her daddy the preacher or something?"

"Oh god no. Her father is far from a preacher, her mom is the choir director. Been training that little girl voice since the day she learned how to talk" my mama was smiling so hard you'd think that was her child.

"How old is she?" I asked watching her take a seat with her family. "She's 22, now be quiet and listen to the pastor." She said focusing her attention to the front.

After Church..

Everyone headed to the back to fix their plates. I really don't wanna be around all these people. It's just a bunch of family members who remember me but I have no idea who they are and family friends saying how just yesterday I was 6 now I'm 24.

"Mama where that Beyonce girl?" I asked looking around. "Nicki I don't know her every move. Go check the kitchen and hurry, here Comes Brother Charles." She said Turing her wig a little. "Ew." I said making a face.

"Hush up and leave." I turned on my heels and headed toward the kitchen. I was reaching for the door before being knocked off my feet.

"Oh. My. Gosh! I am so sorry!"

It was her. Beyonce hit me with the door. I looked around and saw a crowd. " I'm fine." I said sitting up little. Everyone walked off minding their business. " I'm so sorry" she said reaching her hand out to help me up.

"It's fine. I'm okay" I said getting up but stumbled a bit. Just a bit dizzy " you sure?" She said holding on a bit tighter. I nodded and she helped me over the a chair.

" You need anything. Water, food?"

"No I'm fine"

"There has to be something I can do" I looked at her and really focused. Her curls hung beside her face perfectly. Hair Almost to the middle of her back. Light brown almost hazel eyes. Clear skin. She's basically perfect.

"Well.. Do you wanna come over for dinner tonight?"

"Sure I'd love to,Sister Carol is a wonderful cook!" She said smiling. Lord I almost fainted.

"Great. Be at our house by 7." I said smiling back.

"Sure thing. Let me know if you need anything. And again I'm very sorry." She said getting up.

"No worries I'm honestly fine but thank you. I'll see you tonight then"

"Most definitely."

*****************************************************
HAPPY NEE YEAR! 🥂

Come again update coming soon...

Thoughts?💭 💛
Part 2?
Book?