Summer of Third Grade

Finally summer break; Ray and I live so close to each other we hang out like everyday. Our parents didn't really care if we slept over each others houses; and tonight I'm supposed to sleep over Ray's house. My mom said she'd walk me to Ray's house later today. At like 5 PM I arrived at Ray's house. As usual I ran inside as the adults talked. When I went inside there Ray was on his hammock outside. I walked over to the slider door and opened it quietly. Ray's hand was trying to grab my hand to gracefully pull onto the hammock. Finally, as I got settled he wrapped his body around mine. He was a good cuddler, but not the best. I started to get a cramp on my back so I squirmed real quick to adjust my body. As I squirmed the whole hammock flipped upside down. Somehow Ray managed to stay on the hammock; he was laying his stomach on the hammock as he looked down at me. I started awkwardly laughing and apologizing for flipping the hammock. All of a sudden, I close my eyes, and I'm leaning in for a kiss. Our lips touched as the slider door opened. Ray's brother Josh stood there just staring at us. I broke the kiss realizing he was still there. Like always I blamed the situation on me and let Josh slide. I apologized for being in the moment.

When I reached Ray's room, I set my stuff down. I began to think about the mistake I made. Then all the sudden Josh came in.  I was kind of upset, because I thought I was ruining everything then Josh comes over and rubs my back, and let me tell you how awkward that was. He was a year older than me for Christ sake.

Later that night when Ray was asleep Josh came in the room asking me if I was up to a game of truth or dare. I said yes because that's an awesome game. Well this game got a little personal. I asked him first and he picked truth, and the first question I always go to for truth is who do you like. So I asked him and he hesitated a little bit. I told him he had to tell me then he finally told me five minutes later that he liked me. that's where it just starting to get awkward. I told him that I couldn't date him, because I was dating Ray and he knew that of course. So it was m turn and like always I picked dare. He dared me to kiss someone in this room; I think he was wanting me to kiss him, but o course I didn't. I got onto his bad and kissed him. Then I knew he was eavesdropping on Josh and I cause he smiled which meant he was awake. Josh knew it was gonna be him and he looked a little disappointed. He said goodnight and I dozed off. 

Summer was finally coming to an end as was my relationship with Ray. On the second to last day of summer I went to Ray's house again. When I got there he was outside waiting for me; I came up to him giving him a hug, but he pushed me away. Ray broke up with me, because school was about to start and he didn't want to date a loser. Oh it gets worse; he told me not to go cry to my mommy that how it wasn't him it was me that ruined it. Ray flipped the most cliche' break up ever.