▫️25 - The Halloween Special▫️

Since we've gotten a break from trick-or-treaters (yes I'm staying home who do you take me for), I decided to finally address Halloween! I have some funny stories and things from school that you probably had to be there for but I'm making this a "special" anyway.

Because I didn't really want people to know the full scale of my weirdness, I wore a simple cat costume for school. In my classes, here are some funny costumes:

-one of those inflatable unicorns where the person's legs are the hind legs, the front legs stick out and the "person's legs" are also inflatable
-four(+?) people dressed up as my history teacher, complete with a giant fake beard each
-my math teacher was Joyce from Stranger Things (no I haven't seen it nor do I plan to as of right now I just appreciate it okay bye) and also the sophomore who sits next to me in math was Eleven so that's fun
-a bunch of grapes in the form of purple balloons on a shirt and a leaf hat
-a banana suit
-France
-a hat that looks like the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Stories:
In math we found out my teacher is kinda psychic? Context: she loves Halloween and all things paranormal, so we spent the period gawking at optical illusions, eating candy and listening to her tell some awesome scary stories from her ghost hunting experiences.

At the end, she explained that, in order to make sure no one considered her crazy, she only did this thing once a year or so. The thing was for us, the class, to all decide on an object in the room silently while my teacher stood outside. Then she walked back in and one volunteer walked around picking up things. She said no to everything until we reached the object, and then said yes! The whole class went crazy. I'm pretty sure it's a combination sixth sense and fantastic talent at reading facial expressions, but who cares at this point? It was fun.

English was awesome because we got to read these gothic-style stories we wrote yesterday! If you happen to read Minty/@/freshbreathmint's art book, you'll know that some prompts were better than others since we wrote them as the immature ninth graders we were and then redistributed them (they were settings, characters, events, quotes, etc.). The kid across from we wrote Winnie the Pooh. Mine was really embarrassing to read because it was so weird, and I'm debating posting it . . .

. . .

f I n E

I will at some point here

I don't really recommend reading it though lol it's weird.

. . . but not as weird as that one kid with the Costco and demon Jim Cary.

In history we had our much anticipated party since everyone wore costumes as requested. The majority of the time was spent playing Mario Cart and Just Dance on the unicorn kid's switch and eating sweets because I'm in a nerd class. The history teacher kids were the absolute bEST

I changed costumes and handed out candy with my mom for a while (one of her prior first graders dIDN'T EVEN RECOGNIZE ME BECAUSE WIG SCORE!) and here I am!

Oh yeah, my costume! I did Pidge, a really oversimplified version but Katie Pidge Gunderson Holt nonetheless. I'm still wearing it, wig and all. Today has been really stressful because my homework is not proportionate to my Halloween things but it's also been a totally blast.

Oh yeah, the story.

Unedited and slightly psychopathic. My writing was much better than most because I actually practice creative writing, but the idea is yucky.