Chapter 10

Chapter 10:

Nothing matters anymore. I don't feel alive here in this big high-tech city.
I just want to go back and this is what I want to do now. I could try to travel back again, maybe I can.
'I'll try it.', is my only thought and I jump up from the bench I've been sitting on and run home.

When I return home it is late in the evening and my dad is already asleep.
This is good for me because I don't have to wait until he goes to bed to give time travelling a go.

I storm into my room, not bothering to be quiet because once Henry is asleep he won't wake up until the next morning.

As I make my way to the bookshelf where the writing is, I feel slightly uneasy. What if my dad wakes up and sees that I'm gone? What would he do?

When I see the black ink, all those feelings are replaced by the now familiar dizziness. It is the first time I'm glad that it is here because it means that I can go back to Louis. No, scratch that - it obviously means that I can learn more about the 21st century.

I place my hand on the writing and the shadows appear in front of me forming the shilouette of Louis. These blue eyes are radiating warmth and secure off. I once again reach out for it and step into the shadows. My eyes close automatically and I feel like I am thrown around until everything stops and other peaceful noises appear.

There are birds chirping and I can hear bees flying around. The smell of the flowers is incredible and when I open my eyes I notice that I'm in the Hyde Park again. The exact same spot as the last time.

But this time I am not confused and I don't wait for people passing by to ask them where I am nor which year it is.
Instead I hurry through the park and go towards Louis' house.
I can still remember the way as it isn't very long and complicated.

When I finally see the house my steps get smaller and I'm walking slower. What am I going to say to him? What if he isn't even here or doesn't want to see me? What if he thinks I'm a freak?

When before the time was passing so slow now I think it goes by too fast. It takes only a few seconds for me to go up to the house and then I am standing in front of the door. Hesitantly I stare at it and before I could back away I knock.

"I'm coming!", a voice from inside shouts.

The door is pulled open and there he is. Louis is standing there, looking beautiful as an angel.

"Harry?", his voice breaks at the word and it's not until now that I realise his eyes being all red and puffy. He looks like he was crying.

"Hey Louis, I-I was just... uhm.. were you crying?", I ask, trying to say something that makes sense and that is not leaving me there seeming like a boy who has a mental illness.

He shakes his head and says: "No, I was.. there was.. dust.."
He doesn't finish his sentence and I know that he is lying, he surely was crying. Why wouldn't he just tell me?

Then he steps forward and pulls me into a bonebreaking hug. I can hear him sniffle and carefully rub small circles on his back, trying to calm him. "What's the matter, Lou? What happened?", I ask quietly, not letting go of him.

He doesn't answer but pulls me into the house and closes the door behind me.
"Come on in. I'll show you my room.", he states after wiping a single tear away. I immediately know that he doesn't want to talk about him crying and so I don't ask.

"Where is your mum?", I ask when kicking my shoes off. He stares at me and then shakes his head as if he wants to get some thoughts out of it and answers: "She's in town, shopping."
Louis takes a further step inside and I follow him.

Hesitantly he takes my hand and looks at me shyly, not knowing how I will react. I send him a smile and his eyes lit up a bit. Louis leads me upstairs and everything in this house looks familiar to my home. It seems to be the same place - just with different furniture and colours on the walls.

The smaller boy opens a door which I recognize as my own one - well, at least in 2135 it is the door to my room. He steps in and motions me to follow. I go into his chamber and once again everything looks similar to the house of my dad and me. There is a quite large bed with light green covers and loads of pillows, which seems to be really comfortable. Opposite of the bed there is a wardrobe and a small bookshelf.
A smile is forming on my face due to my instant liking for Louis' room. It is not only comfortable but it is also a quiet place where he can relax and spend some time without the hectic and stress of the daily life surrounding him.

He sits down on his bed and I follow him shortly after.
"Where were you?", Louis asks, breaking the slightly awkward silence between us.

I hesitate. Shall I tell him everything? Or will he just think that I'm lying? He didn't flip out when he saw me at gis door just a few hours after I disappeared right in front of his eyes.

"Okay.. Louis, listen. I can.. uhm.. time travel.", I say nervously.
How is he going to react?

I see him swallowing and his eyes widening in shock. "I thought of it but I guess it was just too abnormal for me to believe that it was true.", he says quietly, fiddling with his thumbs.

"You think I'm abnormal, that I'm a freak?", I repeated, feeling some tears spilling out of my eyes. I don't want to admit it but I always get this warm, tingly feeling inside my stomach when I'm around Louis and I think that I might like him a bit too much. And hearing him say I was abnormal hurt.

He rapidly shakes his head. "No, no, no! No, Harry, I don't think you're a freak. I really like you! I was just saying that time travelling is a bit crazy and a quite unusual sport."

With that he pulls me into a hug and now it's him comforting me.
I rest my head on his shoulder and try to control the butterflies that erupted in my tummy when he said that he really liked me.
And here in his warm, strong arms I feel secure. I never want to leave again.

*****

So, this is not as short as the last chapter but not quite what I wanted it to be..

Please leave a comment, I really want to know what you think about it..

~Elena