Chapter 8

"That doesn't sound right.." Concentrating immensely, Woozi tried to figure out the melody for a new song he was working on. Puffing a breathe of air out, he sets down is pen on the desk. Slinging his head back, he looked up at the ceiling.
I need inspiration.. He thought, swivelling around in his chair to look around the room.

Getting up from his seat, he walked into the connected music room. Scanning the instruments and cabinet tops, he noticed something. "That wasn't there before?" Striding to a cabinet on the far right side of the room, he picked up a book which seemed to be full of music compositions.
His hands trailed over the hand written scribes and random scribbles on the cover. As he flipped through the pages, he saw strong elegant handwritten lyrics and composition. The words spoke different messages which were overly depressing, but strangely empowering. Looking through the person's music, he got just what he needed for the melody of his own song.
Rushing back into the studio he began developing the components. Proudly he created the perfect melody to match with his lyrics and he started to combine everything. But his streak of  concentration was cut off by the knock of the door.
Turning around he sees Joshua's smiling face, peeking into the room. "Hey Jihoon it's time for dinner, come to the dining room" Joshua says, waiting for a response.
"Yeah I'll be down in a second" Replying, he quickly continued his work. Trying to finish up as fast as possible. His head tilted in confusion at the sound of his brother's laugh which made him to stop writing, yet again.
"You better get there quick, otherwise you'll be the last one" with his eyebrows raised Joshua saluted, closing the door behind him. Taking his brother's words as a challenge, Jihoon mind linked Joshua.

Oh I won't be the last one Joshua.. Not caring about his unfinished work, he teleported out of the studio.
Swiftly he ended up behind his seat, sitting In-between Mingyu and Jeonghan with a smile. His brother's were chatting happily, waiting for the food to be brought out.

Suddenly the dining room doors burst open to reveal a puffing Joshua. Noticing everyone's eyes on him, he straightened up and went to his seat. shaking his head, he sat directly opposite to Jihoon.

Cheater.. Looking into Joshua's eyes, he shrugged his shoulders. Slowly Woozi's smile turned into a mischievous smirk.

What, you should already know that I can't be beaten in a race.. Joshua scoffed at his younger brother's words. Crossing his arms, he leaned forward.

The only reason why you win is because you don't need to run like the rest of us.. Sitting back, he tilted his head. Before Woozi could reply, his other brother's entered the mind link.

Yeah I think Joshua's right, if it's a race or anything to do with music no one would stand a chance.. Suddenly Seungkwan' entered the mind link, interrupting Mingyu.

But when it comes to anything else he doesn't even try-
-cause he knows he's gonna LOSE.. Seungkwan's and Vernon high five'd at their duel effort in insulting their brother, but instantly regretted it as they saw the death glare which was directed at them.
"Hehe.." Seungkwan smiled awkwardly, nearing closer to Vernon for safety.

"Jihoon stop glaring, dinner will be out soon" Wonwoo sighed, shaking his head.

Don't worry you can punish them later.. Seungcheol mind linked to Woozi with a smirk on his face.
Good.. Satisfied with Seungcheol's answer, he glanced towers Seungkwan and Vernon, already plotting his revenge in his head.

☆☆☆

As everyone was happily eating, Jae Eun suddenly spoke out,
"So boys, school will be starting in just over a week, and you know what that means~" raising her eyebrows with a wide grin, she waited for her sons reply. Hearing the word 'school' made everyone groan, and caused Chanyeol to bang his head against the table.
"What? Aren't you all excited!" Jae Eun teases with an overexcited tone, making the boys cringe.
"Mum, why would we be excited it's school and nobody likes school" Mingyu answered and everyone except their mother nodded their heads, agreeing.
"Well you might not be excited about school, but what about the annual ball? Hm isn't that exciting!" Changing the subject, Jae Eun beamed at the mentioning of the annual ball.
"Mhhh, well at least we get free food--OW!" Dino commented, earning a flick on the forehead from Seungcheol. "It's not just about the food, Dino.." Seungcheol stared at Dino, who continuously rubbed his sore spot.

"Your brother is right, the important thing is that you'll get to see most of your classmates, along with your teachers and this year is especially important as the main sponsors for the school will be attending!" Clapping excitedly, Jae Eun continued chatting about the boys needing to go buy suits and her and Lee Han needing to buy dresses. She also went on about how everyone would need to be on their best behaviour around the school's sponsors, and she emphasised the word 'best'.

"Mum, we get it we need to be polite to them." Rolling his eyes, Hoshi continued eating, shaking his head.

"No, Soonyoung. I don't think you understand what I'm saying..." The atmosphere changed suddenly, the boys looked at each other confused at their mothers sudden seriousness. Seokmin looked towards LeeHan, but to his surprise both her and Chanyeol were unfazed.

Letting out a sigh Jae Eun explained,
"When meeting any of the sponsors you need to show them the highest level of respect and never and I mean NEVER, be rude or disrespectful in any way. Even if they're younger than you, I don't want to hear or see you doing anything which indicates that you think you are more superior than them. Don't even lay a finger on them, if they're provoked in any way and if it gets serious- they won't hesitate to hurt you or anyone around you... So please don't do anything, even if you absolutely despise them. I want you to hold in your emotions just for your safety, am I clear?" The boys were stunned by their mothers words, they have never seen her this serious before in their lives. Wanting to keep her happy they agreed to hold in their emotions for the ball.

"Don't worry, we'll be on our best behaviour" Joshua reassured their mother, the rest of the boys nodded with uneasy smiles.

***
Hey guys, I got back from camp yesterday! WOO, I died literally and I glad to be back home.
I hope you enjoy this chapter and I will upload the characters abilities and some personal info soon.
And also when it comes to sentences like "blah blah blah blah blah", this means that the characters are mind linking but it'll probably be informed in the text of they're mind linking anyways.
Have a great day/night!!