Object Class: Neutralized

Ah, some lore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SCP-1762
"Where They Went"

Object Class: Safe & Neutralized

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-1762-1 is to be kept in a 2 feet by 2 feet by 2 feet clear glass cube. Cube should be kept in Dr. Queen's office. Should SCP-1762-1 make any movements, inform site command immediately. All instances of SCP-1762-2 are to be kept in [DATA REDACTED] for research purposes.

Description: SCP-1762-1 is a small wooden chest with a curved top. It is 1 foot long, 8 inches tall, and 10 inches wide. The chest's edges are rimmed with gold. Though made of wood, it is unknown what kind of wood it is made from. The chest has no locked, and is empty. On the inside of the lid of the chest, there is a label that says something in an unknown written language.

SCP-1762-2 are the notes and papers that are ejected from SCP-1762-1.

During the time that 1762 was active, a number of notes were shot from the chest. The first few were written in an unknown language consisting of shapes such as files, shapes, water drops, and snowflakes. After an undisclosed number of these letters, the language became English and Spanish nonsense. After that, the letters became full English.

These letters were sent over the course of three months:

Comprehensible Letter #1:
Can you understand us now? Please tell us if you do.

Comprehensible Letter #2:
We will keep sending these and hope one of you find them. Please write back.

Comprehensible Letter #3:
We hope that you are safe. We are getting worried. How have you all been? We have sent to many without response, we are beginning to think that something bad happened. How are Ink & Error? Are their kids doing fine?

Comprehensible Letter #4:
Are they even there? After PJ and Gradient ran off after Ink & Error, everyone panicked. We hope they're okay. Please write back.

Comprehensible Letter #5:
We have sent more to you. Due to how big the AU is, we do not know where they have ended up. We hope Nightmare and Dream will help you recover the AU.

Note that this letter was sent before the discovery of SCP-682 & SCP-038.

Comprehensible Letter #6:
Are you there? Please write back. Underfell has lost hope in you. Eraser recovered the AU name. What does SCP mean? Please write back.

Comprehensible Letter #7:
We are worried if you are safe, friend. Do you remember about this chest? It is me, Reboot. Are you there, Ink? Underfell Sans has gone after you. Is he there? Fresh, if you are there, please write back.

Comprehensible Letter #8:
We have asked Blue to constantly write back to us. He has not said anything. Nor has Dream. Or Ink. Are you okay? Storyshift has left the mission. So has Swapfell.

Comprehensible Letter #9:
Few of the AUs are left. Please, anyone. Fresh? Ink? Anyone? We sent you here for a reason. Is the AU truly that dangerous? Is it inhabitable?

Comprehensible Letter #10:
We've come to the conclusion that you are unable to reply. We do not want to think about the other reason we have not heard from you. Do you not have the needed supplies to respond? We will be sending X-Tale Sans/Chara with the needed supplies for at least 30 messages.

Comprehensible Letter #11:
Why has Cross not returned? He had been told to return immediately after finding Fresh. It should not take two weeks to do this. The AU is too blurry and hidden to explore more into it. It is dangerous? Please write back.

Comprehensible Letter #12:
We are scared. Nobody has returned. It's like you are entire Multiverses away. So many are loosing hope. Even Eraser. He has said that you are all dusted. I can't accept it. But....I am so very sorry, friends. Fresh, Ink, Error, Cross, Xcellence, everyone... But I can't keep writing for much longer. Please write back.

Comprehensible Letter #13:
I am sorry, friends.

After this, the chest proceeded to seal itself shut with an unknown ink-like substance. It has not opened since the 13th letter. Attempts to 'write back' with regular paper after Letter #9 have failed.

The chest has been unable to be opened, no matter the methods attempted. Despite made of wood, it appears to be stronger than concrete or obsidian.

Due to Comprehensible Letter #13 and SCP-1762-1 sealing itself shut, the SCP has since been classified as Neutralized.

---------------------------------------------------------