Chapter 5

Emily's P.O.V

When we walked into school, Jesse slid an arm round my torso and pulled me to him. My heart fluttered at the contact. 'Get a grip Emily'

I noticed that every girl I passed glared at me. What's their problem? I also noticed the look that the guys gave me. Lust? Want? Need? I don't know but I was starting to like their attention. After we passed them, I saw them look away with fright. Okay... And then as we passed the girls, I heard them giggle like a slut that wants to get laid. I realised why everyone was acting strange. I was walking into school with Jesse.

When we entered the school building I turned to him.

"So what are you?" He gave me a cute confused look. " Are you the 'bad boy', player or jock?"

He let out a light laugh. "You can say I'm a bit of everything. I play football, and am brilliant at it, hence why I am the star quarterback. I get most girls throw themselves on me, and I take advantage of that situation. And I like to have a fight. Oh, and I have been arrested a few times."

"Way to be modest!" I giggle.

"Well what can I say, I'm amazing"

That caused me to giggle more.

"Come on, let's get you your timetable"

I opened the door to my chemistry classroom. Instantaneously, the room went silent. Everyone's eyes were on me. It gave me time to give the place a once-over. There were the typical group corners. The nerds and computer geeks were sat up the front. The jocks were sat on one side whilst the cheerleaders the other, both checking each other out, or was. The bad boys/girls were at the back. The invisibles and nobody's were in the remaining seats.

I looked up at the teacher and continued to walk inside.

"Hi, I'm new here. My name's Emily Sullivan"

"Well Emily" He regained his posture. "Welcome to chemistry and Woodbridge High"

"Thanks, so do we have a seating plan or do we get to sit wherever?"

"Well there are spare seats all over the room so take a pick"

In other words, 'Sit in a group and you're stuck there forever'.

"Thanks teach'" I decided this morning to try and act cool. That way, the Popular's might want me.

I glanced around the room. There was a spare seat in every group. The players and jocks stared at me. That one's out of the question. I'm not being 'one-of-the-guys'. I look at the nerds and computer geeks. Definitely not happening. The invisibles. Nope. However much I want to right now I can't. So...it's the rebels or blonde airheads. Well since everyone of them are blonde and sporty I guess I'll have to be too. and I'm not. But then again, I'm not daring enough to be with the bad girls/guys. None of them gave me a welcoming look. I turned back to the cheerleaders. They are gave me a quick glace and gave me a genuine smile. I guess I passed their test. I started heading over to them.

It's all about the first impression. It's all down to this.

When I got closer to the girls, most groups turned back to the teacher. who was now writing his name on the board. I managed a glance at his name. Mr Williamson. I noticed that it was only the jocks, who were checking me and the girls out, and the bad boys/girls that were still watching me.

"Hi! I'm Emily" I smiled. They wouldn't have been my first choice but they seem nice enough.

"Hey" "Hi" "Hello" They chorused.

"The name's Mckenzie, but you can call me Mac or Kenzie or whatever" she laughed.

She had a delicate laugh to go with her delicate body. She had straight blonde hair that flowed down her back like the rest of the girls. She wore her cheerleading outfit, like the rest of the girls. She wore makeup, like the rest of the girls. But unlike the others, she didn't wear a lot. Maybe that was because of her natural beauty.

"Nice to meet you"

"This is Chloe, Leone, Stacie, Dawna, Melissa, Sydney, Jackie and Pip" she pointed to the girls.

"Hi"

"Have a seat. There's one next to me"

"Thanks, erm...."

"Melissa"

"Sorry" I said as I took the seat. "I'm not good with remembering names quickly"

"Hey, it's no biggy. If you remembered our names that quick I would classify you as creepy" she laughed, me joining in.

"Well thanks"

She smiled in return.

"If you girls are quite finished, I'd like to carry on with my lesson"

We turned to Mr Williamson.

"Sorry sir. You know us girls" Chloe said seductively. He shifted in his seat uncomfortably. Is something going on here....?

"Well, C-Chloe, please start listening"

"Will do sir. I promise" She winked flirtatiously.

"T-Thank you" he cleared his throat awkwardly and continued to speak.

The girls giggled to themselves. There is something I don't know about going on here.

"Don't worry. We only like winding him up. We're not that desperate" Mckenzie whispered from behind me. I turned, smiling.

"He isn't that bad looking though, if you did want to"

She laughed. "No. No he isn't"

I have a feeling I am going to have fun.