Swear On Yours

Despite the saiyan's iffiness due to his 'bad dream' Zamasu was able to get him to continue to battle it out on the daily. The kaioshin did have a new obstacle in his way, though, which was Black's suspicion.

"Mas, I'm starting to think more and more that that wasn't a dream. You don't need to hide anything from me. If you just got a little out of hand without thinking, that's fine." The saiyan suggested, blocking a hit with his arm.

"Don't be ridiculous, Black, I told you I absolutely would not hurt you like that. You can take my word for it." Zamasu replied, also blocking a hit.

"It felt so real, though. You'd better not be hiding something, Zamasu, or things will get ugly."

"I'm asking you to trust me with this, Black. I did not hurt you."

"I'll believe you for now. You'd best be telling the truth."

"I swear on my life that I am."

"You're immortal. Swear on something else."

"Fine, then I swear on yours."

Black furrowed his eyebrows, but didn't say anything else. He drifted to the ground and lay down for a break. Zamasu landed next to him and lay his head on the saiyan's chest.

"Plus, had I been trying to kill you, I wouldn't have just stared at you and watched you bleed." He muttered, and Black's breath caught for a moment. There was no way Zamasu could have known that detail about his dream. He was sure he hadn't told him all of what had happened in it. He looked down at the kaioshin.

"How did you know that happened? I never told you about that."

Zamasu simply chuckled, his lies flowing out seamlessly.

"Yes, dear, you did. That saiyan mind of yours, it's messing with your memory. You told me every detail and I told you every reason I would never do that to you."

Black was getting more and more confused. Was being in a saiyan body really messing him up that bad? It didn't make any sense, but Zamasu seemed to be telling the truth. He shook his head. He must be losing it. Losing his mind. Developing a stranger saiyan state of mind, where nothing made sense. Maybe that was why Goku and Vegeta were such idiots. Minds controlled by pride and need for war. Maybe that was why everything seemed more and more as though Zamasu was out to get him. Black wasn't out to get Zamasu, though, or at least he didn't think so. He had no desire to be better than his lover. He felt as though it was not the same for the kaioshin, like the kaioshin had developed a competitive nerve against him. He couldn't imagine why, especially considering Black didn't want to fight Zamasu even when Zamasu would beg him to. It wasn't like him to want to battle and be better than everything else, especially for selfish reasons. Black just wasn't sure if he was imagining it all or not, as despite Zamasu's actions he seemed to deny them all when they spoke about it later. This confused the saiyan, causing him to begin to doubt his own sanity.

Zamasu was more than pleased that his manipulation was working. He wouldn't have to worry about Black having the upper hand when Black thought himself crazy, his kaioshin lover easily making him believe that he was delusional. This kept Zamasu from having to kill him. Black's rising suspicions could prove to be a problem, though.

Black began to have nightmares about the incident, but he noticed none of them felt even close to that real. Why would Zamasu have stabbed him? And, better yet, why hadn't he just killed him?