Legacy2: Welcome to Virginia

I cocked the pistol and started to pull the trigger when a door behind me swung open. At least thirty Hylls rushed in the dark room, pushing Ryne in front of them. Silence filled the room. Then the leader of the Hylls began to laugh...

Chapter One

               The balcony that circled the wall above us filled with snipers. I looked back at Ryne. He nodded at me and winked then swung around and knocked out the Hylls that held him and used an ax that was hanging on the wall beside the door and beheaded the men behind him. The snipers started shooting at him so i pulled the trigger of the pistol and the blood of the leader of the Hylls splattered all over the wall and floor beside us. Then me and Ryne ran out the back door before we got hit by a sniper. We ran for miles, we had no idea where we were, somewhere dark, surrounded by trees, and the grass beneath us was wet, like it had rained. The complete opposite of the desert we got shot in. We kept running until we made it to a city. We ran into a large hotel, about thirty floors high, and walked up to the front desk. "Excuse me, sir?" Ryne managed to choke out, gasping for breath. The man at the counter looked up from his newspaper. On the front page of the newspaper was an article titled "Katie's Diner,KY, Destroyed By Vans." and beside that was a list of people who had been murdered in Kentucky. The first name on the list was Dwight Ross. I lowered my head as a tear rolled off my face, my very dirty face. I hadn't realized it, but it was scarred and muddy.  So was Ryne's. We must have looked horrifying. "Virginia," the man behind the desk answered.