Legacy2: Betrail

Chapter Four

           He held my hand as we walked to the lake. He looked mysterious, and worried.. What was he hiding? I didn't like this feeling at all. I didn't know if i should trust him or not. This is ridiculous, he's my best friend, well, my only friend. The only person i've ever trusted since the Hylls. We sat at the end of the dock and put our feet in the water. I looked at him. "Something's bothering you," I said finally. "Oh, it's nothing, love, don't worry about it," he replied. "How can I not worry about it," I argued, "How am i supposed to know I can still trust you if you hide stuff from me?" "You trusted me when i pushed you out of a building," he reminded me. "I know, but i didn't have time to think, they were there," i sighed. He lowered his head, "It's my fault the found you." "What do you mean? How?" I said confused. "Wy, I never wanted you to know this but," tears fell off his face and into the lake, "I was one of them." I leaped up in surprise. "How could you," i exclaimed, "I trusted you!" "I'm sorry Wy, I didn't want any of this to happen." "Please explain to me how that makes any sense," I said furiously. He sighed, "When I was Younger I was offered a chance to be in the Hylls, was I forced? No. But I did it for my family. They said if I joined the Hylls, my family wouldn't be kille out. But that all changed when I met you. Baby when I met you I knew you were different. You blew my mind. The origianl plan was to earn your trust and then kill you, but I couldn't, I fell inlove with you. When I left the Hylls they knew exactly why, and now they're out to kill us both," Ryne explained. The world fell silent.