Legacy2: Still Trust Me?

Chapter Three

             Ryne checked out another room and he carried me up to it and laid me on the bed. He paced back and fourth. "I can't believe I let this happen to you," he mumbled as a tear fell off his cheek. "Don't worry about it ,baby, it's not your fault," i assured him. "But I feel like I could have Prevented it," he argued, "I would give anything to take it all back and make sure you were safe." "Baby, i'm fine, i'll live," I said attempting to comfort him. He shook his head. "No, you're not. Have you seen yourself? You look like you could die at any time now," he said almost yelling, "It's my fault all of this has happened, i'm not who you I am." as soon as the words came out of his mouth we heard guns go off in the hall. He jerked around to look at me. "Do you still trust me?" he asked. "Of course," I answered. He unlocked the window and looked around the back of the hotel. Then he ran over to me and carried me to the window. He sat me on the edge and kissed me. Then he pushed me. I landed in a pool. I managed two swim to get to the edge as soon as Ryne jumped in. He helped me out and my leg started throbbing. Ryne picked me up and took off running down a hill. It wasn't 5 seconds before Ryne tripped and we both went rolling. When we reached the bottom i ended up ontop of him. We stared into each others eyes for atleast three minutes, it was already dark and there were billions of stars in the sky above us. There was a lake and a dock three feet away. It was the most perfect time, at the most perfect place, with the most perfect person. No, wait, what was he trying to say in the hotel? "I'm not who you think I am."