Chapter 9

"You look after Harry for us alright Lou?" Zayn said as he slung his arm around the older boys shoulder. The group was standing in the airport with their bodyguards. Liam, Niall and Zayn were leaving for a few weeks to visit their families.

"And look after yourself too," Niall warned, half joking, half serious. He knew Louis was likely to forget about his own health.

"You sure you'll be okay Harry?" Liam asked, eyes softening," we could always visit our families another time."

"No you're going. You haven't seen them in ages. And no worrying about me while you're gone," harry told them, leaving no room for arguing.

"Shit we're gonna miss our flights," Niall commented as he checked his watch,” We gotta go," he wrapped Louis and Harry in a tight hug," Both of you better look after yourselves."

Zayn had soon his arms around Harry while Louis was being squished in a giant bear hug,” Louis if you need anything call us and we'll be here in an instant okay?" Liam whispered and Louis nodded, looking up at the taller boy.

With a last couple hugs and promises to call and text, Louis and Harry were left with nothing to do but go back to their newly rented apartment.

It was when they were curled up on the living room couch, eating Chinese food out of take out boxes that Harry voiced what had been bothering him since the boys had planned their family visits.

"Boo why didn’t you go visit your family?" Harry whispered as he traced circles on Louis's stomach.

Louis just stared at Harry, "Oh baby did you honestly think I was going to leave?” Louis asked. Harry nodded, letting his gaze drop to his lap. He didn’t see any reason for Louis to stay when he hasn’t seen his family in ages.

"When are you going the get it into that head of yours that I'm not going anywhere?" Louis asked as he leaned to kiss Harry's forehead.

Harry simply responded with a shrug.

-----

"Morning sunshine. I brought you breakfast," Louis said in between kisses.

"Mmmmm it's not morning yet... can't be morning, too tired," Harry mumbled as he buried his face in his pillow.

"Its almost noon Harry. Are you sick?" Louis asked concern lacing his voice. Harry couldn't be sick, that would mean he was getting worse and that would mean that the treatments weren't working and if those didn't work any last bit of hope was lost. Louis felt himself panicking at the thought.

"No 'm fine. Just gonna sleep it off," Harry slurred already half asleep. Louis sighed before setting the tray of food on the nightstand and lying down beside harry. He simply lay there, entwining his fingers with Harry's and playing with those famous chocolate brown curls. They were getting thinner and thinner by the day and Harry was virtually bald. The sight broke everyone’s heart but no one was going to inform him.

Louis realized it had hardly been a month since Harry was diagnosed. It felt like an eternity. He couldn't remember the last time he had felt pure joy without a single worry. And he wasn't too sure when he would feel it again. Harry's condition seemed to only be getting worse even as the doctors increased the chemo dosage and looked into other kinds of treatment. 

Louis smiled sadly as Harry unconsciously wrapped his limbs around Louis. There was no way Harry could leave he was far too special. Then again people left everyday that were irreplaceable to the people who knew them. Louis shook his head to clear such thoughts and reached for his phone, sending a quick text to Zayn.

Louis: Hey

Zayn: Hey watcha up to?

Louis: Chilling with a sleeping Harry

Zayn:  Shit he's still asleep?!?!

Louis: Yeah

Zayn: Do you think its getting worse?

Louis: Yeah

Zayn: He’ll be fine and we'll be back there soon and if we need to come back earlier its not a problem

Louis: We'll be fine. Hows the family?

Zayn: They’re good. sad they didn’t get to see the rest of you though

Louis: Next time

Zayn: Hopefully

Louis wasn’t willing to ponder the different meanings the hopefully could hold.

Louis: Perrie with you?

Zayn: Dude she’s still on tour

Louis: right. Oops

Zayn: i gtg mums insisting i spend time with the family while im here lol

Louis: Have fun

Zayn: I will. c u soon tommo

Louis: C ya malik

Louis sighed as he put his phone on the side table. That conversation had done the opposite of what he was hoping for and now he found himself worried more than before. Zayn was the one who he could count on to make him see the bright side of things and if he was offering to come home then it really couldn’t be good. The only hope on the horizon was some medical miracle that didn’t seem likely. 

----

"You want me to stay here all the time?" Harry asked, voice shaking slightly.

"We think it would be best. We could monitor your progress easier and when it gets worse you're here," the doctor explained gently. 

"You said he was getting better! You said he was fine!" Louis cried out in protest as he stood up from his spot beside Harry.

"He doesn't have to stay if he doesn’t mind dying," the doctor hissed, knowing just what to say to make Louis see reason,"Now if you just fill out some forms, we can have his room ready by tomorrow."

Louis took a few deep breaths, blinking back tears, before sitting back down, squeezing Harry's hand,” Where are the forms?"

AN: First order of business. OMG 117 reads at the time of posting on thie story!!!! And okay compared to some of the bigger storys its not alot but I'm still thrilled. Thank you a million more times than I can say. Hope you like this chapter and (yes I say this WAAAAYYYYY too much) please vote and comment it means a ton.

BYEEEEE