Chapter 16 - Confession and Promises

Liao Jian did attack before sunrise. Yun Fei quickly told the soldiers to leave with Yan Da.

"Where's Shuo Gang?"

"In here, Prince Yun Fei!" one soldier shouted. Moving fast, Yun Fei saw that the fire prince was about to be killed by Liao Jian. In an instant, he blocked the attack. "Take Shuo Gang now! Make sure that no one is left behind!"

"Yes, your highness." Said the soldiers. When everyone was accounted for, they quickly left the bear tribe.

In the Ice Kingdom...

"Your Majesty!" a soldier loudly said, waking up the sleeping fire king.

"What!?"

"Sorry to disturbed you but the prince and the princess have returned with the troop. Prince Shuo Gang is severely injured and Princess Yan Da is unconscious."

"Where are they?"

"In their own room."

Flame quickly wore his robe, going to his children's room.

In Prince Shuo Gang's room...

A healer was already there, healing the prince.

"Shuo Gang," his father called out.

"Father."

Huo Yi then sat down in front of his son. "What happened?"

"The former king Liao Jian suddenly attacked. We didn't saw it coming. Hei Feng is dead."

"Liao Jian spared you?"

"No, he was about to kill me but Yun Fei came." The fire prince admitted though he doesn't really want to.

"Yun Fei?"

"Yan Da's fiancé"

"I see. Rest when the healer's done fixing you up. I'll go and see your sister." Flame said before getting up and leaving the room.

In Yan Da's room...

Yun Fei gently wiped the fire princess sweat off her face. It seems like Yan Da was still adjusting to the mark on her neck. It was glowing a while ago.

The fire princess whimpered, making Yun Fei frown in worry. "Shh," he said, holding the fire princess hand. He then softly caressed it with his thumb. "Yan Da, bear with it for a while okay? I'm sorry that you have to experience this. You'll be fine. Trust me."

Flame silently watch the duo, studying the man that his daughter had chosen.

"So, you're Yun Fei?" He then said after a few minutes.

"That I am," Yun Fei answered, meeting the king's eyes. Flame looked at their intertwined hands.

"You love my daughter?"

"I do." Yun Fei replied sincerely. The fire king smirked.

"You better take care of her. I'll be leaving then since I could see that she's in good hands. Tell Yan Da that I've already decided the day of your wedding. It's on the next full moon."

Yun Fei blinked, watching the fire king leave.

Night...

Yun Fei is now in the balcony in Yan Da's room. The fire princess was already awake, watching the man silently. She then stood up and walked towards him

"What are you thinking?" she asked, putting her arms around him. Her chin on his shoulder.

"Things," he simply replied, facing her. "Yan Da your father had decided the day of our wedding. He said it'll be on the next full moon."

"Three days from now huh. Wait, is that what you're thinking seriously just now? Do you... disagree...?"

"Ha!? No!" Yun Fei quickly answered, pulling the fire princess closer to him. "Silly."

Yan Da pursed her lips. "Then what were you thinking?"

Yun Fei's expression then became serious. He then met her gaze. Making his decision, he said. "Yan Da, since we're getting married. I don't want it to start with secrets and lies. So, I'm going to tell you who I really am. Please, believe me when I say that I didn't mean to deceive you. I just found about it too..."

Yan Da frowned, moving away a bit. "Tell me."

Yun Fei let out a deep breath. "My real name is Ying Kong Shi."

"Ying Kong Shi!?"

Yun Fei nodded. His eyes pleading...

"You!" the fire princess said. Hurt in her eyes. She was about to leave but Yun Fei didn't let her.

He held her in his arms. Even when she struggled, he didn't let her go. Minutes later and she stopped struggling.

"Damn it! I knew that there's something about you but I didn't expect it to be this. Don't you hate me at all?" Yan Da said, looking into his eyes. "I killed most of your siblings. I hurt your people even Ka Suo."

Yun Fei smiled sadly." No. I don't hate you. You did what you had to do. It's not your fault that you were born in the fire tribe under a ruthless father. Besides, I saw how you're different from them. You have a good heart."

Yan Da smiled. Tears falling from her eyes." You won't really regret being tied to me?"

"Never." He said, kissing her. Yan Da closed her eyes, returning the kiss.

After the kiss, Yun Fei pulled her closer. "Yan Da, you are the best thing that had happened to me."

Kissing her on the head, he continued. "I'll stay by your side. I will be your shield and your sword. I will protect and keep you from harm. Until the last day of my life."