Chapter 5- Rank X

As Kruv browsed books one by one, he stumbled upon a book with the title of 'Rankings Of All Kinds'. The books was in the 'new' section of the store.

He flipped it open and started skimming pages then he read something interesting.

'Rankings of World Energy Cultivation'

Kruv looked at the contents and what was written on it was-

'Rank 1-10 Innate Beginner

Rank 11-20 Innate Apprentice

Rank 21-30 Innate Scholar

Rank 31-40 Innate Leader

Rank 41-50 Innate Master

Rank 51-60 Innate Grandmaster

Rank 61-70 Innate Elder

Rank 71-80 Innate Sage

Rank 81-90 Innate King

Rank 91-100 Innate Emperor

Most Rank D innate abilities get stuck at Innate beginner, Rank C at Innate Leader, Rank B at Innate Elder while Rank A and S both have no limits. Class B can also reach a 90 or more world energy yet it would take some luck and crazy opportunities. Same Innate Abilities may Evolve in rank yet that would also take luck and a crazy opportunity. As of writing, there are only less than 20 Innate Emperors in the five continents, no one has been reported to have reached the 100th rank as well. S class abilities are very rare, about 1 in 200,000.'

Kruv read this and was very fascinated by the information, turns there ranks to world energy consumption as well. He was excited now more than ever, he wanted to cultivate as soon as possible and now at least had a goal, to become an emperor!

Kruv looked outside and saw that it was almost their turn to go in the building so he went out of the book store and went back to line up.

When it was finally their turn, Daemyn handed 1 gold to the Lady who was at the entrance "I'd like to take the private one."

When Kruv went in the building, he saw pillars, 5 of them. They were huge pillars that reached the ceiling. There was also a crystal ball as big as two fists before the pillar. 

Daemon led Kruv to the left side of the building where the stairs were and climbed up. At the top of the stairs, there was a door. Daemon opened it and then locked it once they were inside. The second floor of the building was quiet, there was no one observing like downstairs, and there was also those pillars and a crystal ball like downstairs.

"What is this?" Kruv asked.

"It's to find out what rank your innate ability is."

'So that's what it is, huh' Kruv thought to himself 'Wonder if I'll get something good'

They both walked towards the crystal ball.

"Five pillars, how many lights up is the rank your innate ability belongs. Place your hand on the crystal ball."

Kruv did as he instructed then the first pillar lighted up, then the second, the third, the fourth, and finally, the fifth.

Daemyn's eyes lit up and a smile creeped up his face. Kruv was smiling widely as well.

But then...

CRACK

CRACk

BOOM!

All five pillars exploded and glass shattered everywhere.

"What happened?" Kruv was confused 'This wasn't supposed to happen, right?"

Kruv at his father only to see that his eyes were opened wide, staring at the pillar "How?" Daemyn muttered very quietly you could barely hear it "Im.. Impossible."

"Dad, what's going on?" Kruv asked but the Daemyn suddenly pulled him and then headed to a window nearby.

"We have to go." Daemyn said as he jumped from the window bringing his son with him. They landed on an empty street corner. Kruv was shocked seeing as how his father wasn't injured at all.

Daemyn faced Kruv "You have to keep what happened a secret."

"Why?"

"Your rank.. its.. very very rare. Like 1 in however million."

"I thought I was Rank S?"

"Rank S? No, your power was so great the pillars couldn't handle it. What's inside of you, your potential, talent, power, it's much greater than a rank S."

"Then, what rank am I?"

"Son, your innate ability, is a Rank X."

"Rank X? but I thought the highest wa-."

BOOM

AHH! AHH!

Kruv's sentence was cut off by a loud explosion that sounded like debris falling hard on the ground and people screaming.

Both of them checked on what was going on.

What Kruv saw was utter destruction. The walls to the town seems to have been destroyed and buildings and stalls on the street were broken. The buildings looked like they were just bombed and the stalls were crushed to the ground.

On the far side of the town, Kruv saw it. There were two giant gorillas with red eyes fighting. They were dark beasts and they were no ordinary dark beasts. These gorillas were massive, both looked like they were about 7-8 meters tall and they had big bodies.

They were grappling each other while causing havoc simultaneously. People looked so tiny compared to those dark beast gorillas.

Daemyn suddenly ran towards the fight and Kruv had no choice but to follow. He didn't want to die specially since he now knew how interesting this world was and he had no idea at all what his father was trying to do by heading towards two 7 meter tall dark beasts.