Prologue

On a plain near the Shadowedge mountain range.

Blood was smeared on the grass. Dead bodies were seen lying everywhere, and the shrieks of the soldiers who fell on the battlefield were heard echoing in the surroundings. There were two armies fighting in this war of life and death- the Taiyang and the Yueliang army. The Taiyang army had  Golden coloured armours while the Yueliang army had grayish counterparts. On the chest part of both sides' mettalic armours were crests, the sun for the Taiyang army and the moon for the Yueliang army.

On the battlefield, the color of gold was prevalent. The Taiyang army still had a lot of soldiers remaining, at least almost thrice that of the Yueliang army. Swords were crossed, arrows were fired and soldiers were continuing to fall one by one.

On the middle of the battlefield was a youth. His face still had a tinge of childishness but his whole body was emitting an air of maturity past his age. He was fighting off the opposing soldiers with his heavy sword that looked too much for him yet it didn't seem like he was having a hard time at all, at least it didn't show in the way he acted nor what his expressions were. As the youth looked around the battlefield, his face became masked with a horrible gloom.

"That's a pretty heavy sword for a kid." Suddenly the youth heard someone behind him. He instantly turned around while also jumping back simultaneously.

In front of him now was a man who looked like he was in his 40's with chiseled jaws, blonde hair and green eyes. He looked like he could be attractive except for the fact that his whole face was smeared with blood. Blood of the people the youth fought with.

The man was a soldier of the Taiyang army but he wasn't just any soldier, the youth recognized the badge that was in his gauntlets. 

"So you're the commander of the Taiyang army." The youth smiled and suddenly lunged towards the man lifting his heavy sword upwards.
It was unusual, despite the fact that he knew the man was the commander

The commander of the Taiyang army who was puzzled at why the boy was smiling also raised his sword to defend.

The two clashed their swords until the youth suddenly stopped and looked at his enemy. The commander was now visibly tired and on his face can be seen worry and a little bit of fear. 

"Who are you?" The commander of the Taiyang army blurted out. He couldn't believe it, he was the strongest person of the Taiyang army yet this youth fought him equally and looking at the youth, he didn't seem to be tired and still had that cocky grin on his face. Analyzing the exchange they just had, the commander was even more worried, instead of fighting an enemy, the youth looked more like a predator playing with its prey.

The youth chucked a little bit "The Devil." suddenly, the youth lunged again and before the commander could even raise his sword to defend, the youth disappeared.

The next thing the commander felt was, nothing. The commander's head fell and his body dropped to the ground while the figure of the youth can be seen behind him.

"Unfortunately, the sword wasn't heavy enough to spare you." 

The youth looked around the battlefield where there were only a couple dozen Yueliang army soldiers left and then looked at his right hand gauntlet which had a badge, a badge that of a commander. 

That's right, the youth was the commander of the Yueliang army. A commander was the highest position in the army.  He was only 16 yet to have this position you can figure out that he has had a very torturous life.

The youth's name was Kruv. He didn't have parents. Since he was young, the first thing that he could remember was that him being brought to a place or rather, a room. A room surrounded with white walls and had nothing on it. In that room, he was taught how to fight, how to kill.

Kruv grew up learning how to fight and kill but he wasn't angry that he wasn't able to live a normal life. He has thought about it a lot before, if he wouldn't have been recruited by the kingdom to be made into a killing machine, he would have perhaps lived a boring life.

He likes fighting, the excitement, the thrill that comes along with it and he hasn't lost at all once in his life, in fact, he hasn't even been knocked down. 

The situation on the battlefield was at its worst now. There were only a measly 4 soldiers left for the Yueliang army yet the color of gold was still prevalent. 

Kruv and the other three soldiers beside him were surrounded all over. 

"Still over a hundred thousand soldiers huh, just my luck." Kruv grinned and as the enemies charged at them, he also began to move.

The other three Yueliang army soldiers were quickly defeated and killed. Kruv was now alone on the battlefield as enemy blood splattered everywhere he went. He still had a smile on him yet he knew, he couldn't possibly defeat all these soldiers alone.

He knew that but he was still smiling. He didn't care if he died, and this excitement over a hopeless battle was what he had waited for all his life.

Kruv killed thousands of soldiers before finally getting struck by a sword on his abdominal area followed by a barrage of arrows on his legs and chest . He laid on the ground as blood dripped from his wound. 

The enemy soldiers were surrounding him yet none of them had finished him yet. They were all looking at this youth who battled like a god on the battlefield while having a smirk on his face. Even lying on the ground, he still had a slight smile on him.

Kruv could feel his life draining away from him. He had always thought about what would happen if he was to die, what would come after. He later concluded that there was nothing, People die and there was no heaven or hell, just darkness, with you not even knowing it as your consciousness has already slipped away.

Kruv looked towards the sky where he could see an aurora. It was beautiful, he thought.

'Perhaps its a good day to die' 

An enemy raised his sword and was about to strike him when suddenly, thunder roared from the sky as if it was angry. The next thing Kruv saw was the guy who raised his sword up getting struck by lightning. Streaks of blue lightning then covered the entire battlefield and Kruv could hear bodies falling all around him.

As a lightning hit the last soldier of the Taiyang army, Thick, dark clouds suddenly formed on the sky surrounding the whole battlefield. Thunder roared loudly. 

Kruv looked as a thick streak of lighting was headed towards him. It wasn't only one streak, there were nine with different colors. Blue, Purple, Yellow, Orange, Red, Violet, Green, Cyan, and Black.

Kruv smiled once more 'Saved the big one for me huh, just my luck.'

After that was darkness.