Chapter 15

"Room"
The paralyzed Chopper in my arms looked around with a sense of marvel in his eyes as we walked towards Caesar's lab. I had tried to get most of the paint out of my hair but it only turned it a lighter shade of blue. Luckily for me, when I dyed my hair silver, I made sure it was permanent so that if I want to disguise myself in the future, the colours won't come out. The wind made my hair whip against my cheeks as we walked closer to the lab.
"Your power really is useful!" Chopper commented. "So is yours, Crystal. So if you wanted to, you could turn into a deer like me?!"
"Chopper... you ate the Human Fruit, remember. Besides, as much as I want to copy your powers, that would be a disgrace to what my mother taught me," I told him.
"Why is that?" he asked.
"I don't want to talk about it..."
"But I already checked and according to Law, you already experience your very miraculous Change. Nothing should be holding you back anymore. We are comrades. And comrades never lie to each other or keep a secret from one another."
I looked at him as he looked up at me. I sighed feeling slightly defeated. "I'm not completely human and it's not because of a Devil Fruit but because of my bloodline. My father, as you know, is the world's strongest swordsman. But my mother... she's a different story. My mother was a vampire. A queen at that. She was raised since young to marry a human because if it was with another vampire, they would kill each other." Chopper freaked out at the thought. "Normally, human nature would die completely from the baby because humans were weaker compared to vampires, and it would be born as a full vampire. But I was born as a half because my father was powerful like my mother. So I was born like this. My mother told my father to tell me this message before she died when she experienced her Change, "You may be born as a half, but as the future vampire queen, do not let your human nature take complete hold over you. You are born differently and the others will hate that about you. So before your Change, you must become a true vampire". That is why I won't allow it to happen."
I could feel Chopper feel guilty inside. "Sorry, I didn't know..."
"It's fine. After all, we are comrades," I said with a smile.
"Crystal, put the raccoon dog in your bag and keep quiet this time. We're already at the back entrance of the lab," Law replied ignoring our emotional conversation. "The main experiment room will have Caesar and Monet in it. I'll get them out of there one way or another. When that happens, you two investigate the drugs."
"But your so strong and you can easily get close to Master. Why don't you just capture him yourself? Then we could have all the time in the world to investigate the drugs," Chopper asked while I place him inside my bag with his head sticking out from the side slightly.
"I have my reasons for not doing that. It's why I need your strength. Anyway, the faster you guys can kidnap Caesar the better. Then I'll take the rest." His eyes made a shiver travel up my spine. It was like he was bloodthirsty or something. But that thought was dissipated quickly when I heard yelling in the distance.
"Hey! look at that!"
"Something's flying towards us!"
We all turned to the battlefield where the marines and the Minotaurs were supposed to be fighting. My eyes widen as I saw a red striped balloon crash through the cut-up marine boat from before. I facepalmed and as I could practically smell the idiocy radiating from my stupid captain.
"Master! Get out here!" He called out loudly. "I'm gonna defeat you and kidnap you!"
"Go, Luffy!" Chopper cheered in a hushed whisper.
"Chopper, don't cheer for the wrong thing. He is about to give away our plan. I hope you don't take after him," I told Chopper.
"Where are you, Master?! Get out here!" Luffy hollered again with a laugh.
'What an idiot... but then again, that's why I want to be his crewmate. To be there with him to help! He is definitely the man who will be the Pirate King!'