Chapter 3

Cherrystar Above!

Amberleaf padded over to Fernwhisper and Cherrystar. They were talking quietly.

Cherrystar turned her gaze over to her medicine cat, "Amberleaf, we're leaving the Tribe. There's a storm coming so we better be quick. Can you help round up the clan?"

Amberleaf nodded and dashed off. She got Windwhisp, Birchwhisker, Duskpeak, Parsleyseed, Reedthicket, Finsplash, Tigerlily, Dewfrost, Meadowlark, Sagenose, and Fallowfern. The group she had rounded up trekked over to Cherrystar.

Amberleaf sighed when she realized one cat was missing. She looked around wildly for her brother. We are not leaving my brother behind! She dashed back to her sister and leader, "I can't find Prinkleleap!" She gasped.

"Keep your fur on, we'll find him!" Windwhisp retorted, although Amberleaf could see worry spark in her eyes.

She almost purred in amusement but swallowed it down when she came back to reality.

"Windwhisp! Go find the patrol that Prinkleap is on," Cherrystar ordered.

"Of course," Windwhisp nodded and raced away, her gray tail streaming behind her.

Amberleaf and Fernwhisper paced anxiously. It seemed like moons before two figures were racing toward them, the rest of the patrol not far behind.

The two cats skidded to a stop in front of Cherrystar, Fernwhisper, and Amberleaf. "Windwhisp said I'm needed." He meowed.

"Yes, Skyclan is leaving!" Cherrystar yowled. "We're going to find Thunderclan!"

Cheers erupted around the clearing. "Cherrystar! Cherrystar!"

Amberleaf caught Prinkleleap whisperering to Windwhisp, "Good thing you came and got me. I would've been left behind!" He licked her ears while Windwhisp purred.

She glimpsed orange fur out of the corner of her eye to and saw Duskpeak narrowing his eyes at Amberleaf's brother.

Amberleaf jerked her head back around to Cherrystar, who waved her tail for silence. But before she could speak, Amberleaf cut in, "Um, Cherrystar. There's something I left out in the death of Fidgetfoot."

All eyes turned toward her as she hesitated.

"Well, spit it out!" Cherrystar commanded.

"Uh-well, he said Starclan sent him a message a while back-"

Amberleaf was cut off when urgent whispering and questions sprang up, ringing in her ears.

"Let her speak!" Ordered Fernwhisper, dead silence meeting her words.

With the whispering stopped, Amberleaf was able to utter the message. "He said they told him to 'Follow The Blood Trail.'"

"Well, what does it mean?"

"I-I don't know yet." Amberleaf stammered.

Cherrystar sighed, "Well at least we can look for trails of blood along the way."

"I don't think that's-"

Amberleaf was cut off, again, and Cherrystar completely ignored her.

"We leave for the other clans, now!" With that, Cherrystar whirled around and stalked away, leading her clan out of the clearing and into the vast mountains.

Sorry that one was really short...