Prologue

|Gem Anderson|
Prologue| Mr.Badboy

"She is playing a game that she doesn't want to play, but can't seem to quit. As a player she wishes to see how the game concludes."

THE HALLS WERE CROWDED WITH PEOPLE, and the chaos was so perfect, almost like a movie. There stood the couple that was always making out on the left side of the hall, and about ten feet farther down, the cliquey girls that always seemed to take selfies.

Opposite them, the cliquey jocks, and between them, the parade of band geeks with their huge instrument cases already welcoming the school with a smooth melody.

There were the aerospace tech kids who never did anything but make paper airplanes and the fashion kids that wheeled mannequins and clothing racks down the halls.

And then there was me, not that I fit into any of those cliques of course. My eyes then averted to the new jock. He stood at approximately 6'4 from my calculations as he threw a football in the air.

Girls drooled over him and I groaned in disgust. I then gazed back at how the principal gave him a warm welcome after shortly asking for his name.

Sam Smith

He wore a loose black silk shirt with leather cuffs and black trousers. However,he got better the more I looked. His rich dark chocolate hair that had tousled griminess which promised finesse.

It was everywhere and obviously gave you the idea that he loved his bed hair; it had the best "I don't give a shit' look to it.

He had strong arched brows and eyelashes so thick, it could be illegal. And then his eyes- they were deep and catastrophic, a vivid baby blue as a great body of water that softly melted into a milky green.

This close, I could see the flecks of silver in his eyes. He had distinct cheekbones and an angular jaw, his pale skin made him look devilishly handsome.

He had the kind of face that stopped you in your tracks. I guess he must get used to that, the sudden pause in a person's natural expression when they looked his way followed by overcompensating with a nonchalant gaze and a weak smile.