9. Wolf's Bane

"Derek!" I screamed as I ran into his arms. He picked me up and spun me around. Scott got back after the full moon and told us that Derek was alive and needed our help. It took me under 30 seconds to get from Scott's room to the car, I was so excited. We had drove over to the Hale house where Derek was waiting.

"I missed you so much." I said hugging him tighter. We were standing on the front porch of the house, Stiles and Scott leaning against the cars waiting for us.

"I missed you too." Derek put his hand on the back of my head and placed his chin on top of it. We stood like that for a while until I pulled away and looked up at him.

"Are you okay?" I asked looking at him seriously.

Derek nodded. "I mean, I got a little impaled with werewolf claws. But I'm good."

"I'm glad to hear that then." I smiled and leaned up touching our lips together. I could feel Scott and Stiles watching as we kissed but in that particular moment I didn't seem to care.

*******************

"Try and keep up." Derek yelled to me as he ran out of the school past where I was waiting for him. Derek had brought me to the school looking for the alpha while Scott and Stiles drove Derek's car to throw off the hunters. The police were still after Derek so I suppose that's why the whole school parking lot was filled cop cars.

"And don't be seen." He said as he ran out of the lot. I sighed hoping Scott and Stiles wouldn't figure out what I was quite yet. I still hadn't found a believable excuse for why I hadn't told them right away, and I had a feeling the truth wouldn't cut it. I watched the police cars all pull out of the lot one at a time after Derek. I walked along the trees so I wasn't seen until I got to the road and I zoned in my hearing for Derek. He was pretty far ahead of me. I thought for a minute but there was no point in trying to catch up with him. I ran through the forest only three or four trees in from the side of the road until there was no trees left to run between. Derek was closer to me now and I remembered how much faster than him I used to be.

The chase was going through a group of industrial looking buildings, I started running along side some of the cars near the back of the group in the shadows but I still couldn't see Derek anywhere. I jumped onto a dumpster and climbed to the roof of a building, starting to run across the top. I was almost at the front of the group now and I spotted Derek. He looked tiny from the top of the building. I was at the end of the building's roof and I looked around for my next move, there was no way for me to get down so I took the chance and jumped the 3 or 4 feet to the next rooftop. I ran alongside Derek (But he was down there and I was up here) until I ran out of buildings to jump onto. Luckily for me that was when another car cut him off and he changed his path towards me. I jumped down off the building and started running next to him.

We ran down an alley between buildings that the cars couldn't follow. "How'd you get here so fast?" Derek asked.

"I ran." I replied with a sly smile. We continued to run when two dogs ran into the alleyway with us.

"Wanna do the honors." Derek asked watching the dogs approach us.

"I'm a little rusty I think maybe you should do it." I said nervously. Derek leaned down when the dogs were only a few feet away and he let out a growl that was almost like a hiss. His eyes glowed their beautiful blue colour and his teeth grew into pointed fangs. The dogs let out a wail and ran back to the cars.

Derek took my hand and we started walking further down the alleyway that was now becoming much less of an alley. Derek pulled me behind a big metal thing. It was taller than a story high but I had absolutely no clue what it was. We waited for a minute, listening to everything around us, it was silent. Derek made the tiniest movement and something flashed with electricity giving him a huge shock.